Unpacking my antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

My antenna as far as unpacking this COMPACtenna Scan-Can-III has a white plastic on very bottom is the base magnet mount, is this something I leave on or take off? Can someone help me who has purchased this type of antenna?

prcguy

Is this on the antenna itself or on the bottom of the magnet? If you look up inside the bottom of the antenna tube it will be white inside but that doesn't come apart or its not suppose to . COMPACtenna does not make their own mag mounts so you have one by another company and it might be whatever your store has in stock. If its something on the bottom of the magnet that looks like it protects it in shipment and peels off easy then it probably should come off. Mag mounts usually have some self adhesive metal foil across the bottom of the magnet to protect the paint and to couple the ground to the car body, don't peel that off!

My antenna as far as unpacking this COMPACtenna Scan-Can-III has a white plastic on very bottom is the base magnet mount, is this something I leave on or take off? Can someone help me who has purchased this type of antenna?

KO4IPV

Is this on the antenna itself or on the bottom of the magnet? If you look up inside the bottom of the antenna tube it will be white inside but that doesn't come apart or its not suppose to . COMPACtenna does not make their own mag mounts so you have one by another company and it might be whatever your store has in stock. If its something on the bottom of the magnet that looks like it protects it in shipment and peels off easy then it probably should come off. Mag mounts usually have some self adhesive metal foil across the bottom of the magnet to protect the paint and to couple the ground to the car body, don't peel that off!
Sorry Did not explain that correctly initially the mount underneath the antenna is a MFJ33 5 PDid not explain that correctly initially the mount underneath the antenna is a MFJ335 BM from DX engineering on bottom of that it is a very thin white plastic I don’t know if this is something that should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.