Unrecognized Listing in Feed Listeners on Owner's Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

freightguy

On the Owner's Page, under Feed Listeners, I find this list, most of which I understand except for the first line item.

What exactly is 'Visual On-PD Player'? And who would be using it?

# User Agent
7 VisualOn-PD Player
2 Scanner Radio (Android)
1 Android 2.2.2 Core Player
1 iPhone (Emergency Radio)
1 Android 2.21 Core Player

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to take a wild guess and say I think that most of the listeners to your feed, with that client, are AMR employees. Just a guess.

freightguy

Unrecognized,,,

Interesting. What would make you say that? The area covered in my feed is not an AMR covered area, nearest one being next town to the northwest - Southington (Hartford County).

Meriden is covered by Hunters Ambulance, and Wallingford has 2 ambulances in their Fire Dept Fleet, backed up by C-MED South Central (8 out of 10 times by Hunters),

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Looking at your feed description and seeing AMR listed. My thought was company supplied smartphones with pre-loaded software, including that VisualOn client - that's all.

freightguy

Unrecognized...

Gotcha. That day was the first time that I had noticed that particular listener type. Coincidentally, that same morning, there was a major incident where a pedestrian was struck and killed by AMTRAK passenger train in Wallingford, and the train came to rest in Meriden. Meriden PD, FD and Hunters Ambulance took the initial response to the train and the conductor said the victim was about two miles behind the Northbound train (placing the remains in Wallingford). Wallingford took a secondary response after Meriden had found the remains and debris of the accident.

AMR folks were probably just interested in the feed that day, as I have never seen that many listeners of the same type before. Probably just checking in on the competition.

The victim's identity has not yet been released almost 24 hours later, even though her purse was found at the scene.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.