Unrestricted Military Cell Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Came from Uniden Dept XXX (heard thru my Xbrother inlaws 5th cousin they dev. the shoe phone) Its all Conspiracy and cover up..........Deny, Deny, Deni. Its the voices in my head:lol::roll:

K4APR

My all time favorite is in the 1st Die Hard when (conveniently) the same simplex business band radio that the bad guys use to talk to each other has an added CB Band along with the LAPD transmit/receive capability.

I think they were Kenwoods of some kind.

Does anyone remember the movie "Toy Soldiers"? The bad guys had a Kenwood HF transceiver set up complete with speaker and power supply. Its funny the things you pick up on when you are a ham or radio guy in general.

N

N_Jay

Don't you just love the shows that depict the impossible?

CSI is one show that I just refuse to watch, because it is so 'bogus.' NCIS is another one I won't watch. The stuff they present is unbelievable at times.

Guess your TV does not get much use? Hu?

Which shows do you consider not "bogus"?

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Tricorders are real, shhh, we don't need to draw public attention to them... ;)

I actually rewatched Die Hard I like 2 weeks ago and when I was watching it, I was like WTF??? How did John McClaine just go from talking to the terrorists to talking to police on the same radio. And I saw right through it, ughhh Magicwood.

N8IAA

My all time favorite is in the 1st Die Hard when (conveniently) the same simplex business band radio that the bad guys use to talk to each other has an added CB Band along with the LAPD transmit/receive capability.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Those were Icom 2m ht's with the full keypad. They used Kenwoods in another movie, and Yaesu's in one of the other sequels:))
Larry

jpryor

This thread reminds me when I saw a real use example of a Uniden scanner on television for helping to fight the war on terror. This was on a PBS Frontline episode regarding the war in Afghanistan. A segment showed an Afghani translator that was paired up with US troops, the Afghani was using a Uniden NASCAR branded scanner (BC72/92/95XLT variant). They were monitoring Taliban communications in the mountains bordering Pakistan. The frequency being monitored was in the 155 MHz range.

KE5TLF

All this stuff is more likely to happen than Uniden ever shipping a 396T rear case....Obviously that is NEVER going to happen...

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Die hard 4 is the best, He had what looked like a Uniden BC15 that he turned to 66.6 Mhz and then called the hacker guy with the scanner to patch him into the FBI lol, there were so many things wrong with that.

lol, yep, BCT-15 on 66.6Mhz and an ICOM Mic, was so funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.