Unrestricted Military Cell Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Despite what you may have seen on NCIS last night, no such Uniden product exists. (And, even if it did you'd never be able to transmit to a baby monitor by punching 911.0000 MHz into a Quick Save).

:lol:

SCPD

QRT
Don't you just love the shows that depict the impossible?

CSI is one show that I just refuse to watch, because it is so 'bogus.' NCIS is another one I won't watch. The stuff they present is unbelievable at times.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You mean you can't get a DNA match and a Tox screen the afternoon of the murder?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Despite what you may have seen on NCIS last night, no such Uniden product exists. (And, even if it did you'd never be able to transmit to a baby monitor by punching 911.0000 MHz into a Quick Save).

But you're working on new firmware that will do this right? :cool:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You mean you can't get a DNA match and a Tox screen the afternoon of the murder?

I did one this morning before 9am. It came back to a positive match to some dude named Paul Opitz out of Texas. That dude is in reeeeal trouble when Horatio Caine gets ahold of him. :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

I did hear a rumor though that Uniden would offer such a product in the near future.... sometime around the 1st of April 2010, IIRC.

-AZ

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Don't you just love the shows that depict the impossible?

CSI is one show that I just refuse to watch, because it is so 'bogus.' NCIS is another one I won't watch. The stuff they present is unbelievable at times.

Ren and Stempy is more believable than either of those shows.

The last Die Hard showed a new scanner/tranceiver that Uniden is developying as well. I'm still waiting for it to come out.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Ren and Stempy is more believable than either of those shows.

The last Die Hard showed a new scanner/tranceiver that Uniden is developying as well. I'm still waiting for it to come out.

My all time favorite is in the 1st Die Hard when (conveniently) the same simplex business band radio that the bad guys use to talk to each other has an added CB Band along with the LAPD transmit/receive capability.
Marshall KE4ZNR

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Don't poke fun of Die Hard, it's a classic Christmas movie. So is Lethal Weapon. :cool:
After all, those movies sell scanners.

Die Hard with a Vengeance, didn't it have a BCT15 cameo? Frequency was 66.666MHz or some such number. :lol:

BigC801

Die hard 4 is the best, He had what looked like a Uniden BC15 that he turned to 66.6 Mhz and then called the hacker guy with the scanner to patch him into the FBI lol, there were so many things wrong with that.

Last edited:

bluwest

Premium Subscriber
The scanner was a Uniden BCD396

Whats funny is thats a rerun episode, and has been talked about on the forum before..lol The scanner was a Uniden BCD396

XTS3000

That radio has the BCPTT-1 Option!

I bet NCIS had the BCPTT-1 option added so they can talk on their scanner. Some guy down south added the BCPTT-1 option to my 396XT - werking great yah!

Attachments

• hick.jpg
    hick.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 31,404

ecps92

I am suprised this never came up when that Episode originally ran.

Toxic - Season 6 Episode 21 April 7, 2009

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Just another reason not to watch network tv, its all garbage and fake with not a shred of reality anywhere to be seen. Even the reality shows are fake.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Just another reason not to watch network tv, its all garbage and fake with not a shred of reality anywhere to be seen. Even the reality shows are fake.

That includes the news shows. Actually the reality shows are probably more accurate.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I saw that episode last night as well - who did the spankin'-cool looking olive-drab paint job on that 396??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.