Unruly man shot and killed near Lima

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
A 20 yo man was shot and killed this morning south of Lima. A car was stopped for erratic driving and the man became unruly and attacked the police officer with a knife. In spite of being tazed, the man continued his attack and was shot once in the chest killing him. The officer received knife wounds and was treated and released at a local hospital.

Ft. Shawnee police shoot and kill man at traffic stop

News/Talk 1150 WIMA

Audio is archived on my feed.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
On its face, this seems like a justified use of deadly force but it's tragic nonetheless.

"On its face"? That implies wrongdoing on the part of the police officers. I'd say its a pretty clear-cut case of self-defense, and completely justified.

grumpy_hermit

"On its face"? That implies wrongdoing on the part of the police officers. I'd say its a pretty clear-cut case of self-defense, and completely justified.

I didn't intend to imply anything and, based only on the sparse details that have been released, I agree with you that it was self defense. There are ongoing investigations that will reveal more and I suspect that the actions of the officers were justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.