Unusual Issue

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
For the first time, my super BCD325P2 has a flashing “HOLD “ on the screen. It is there no matter which system is running, whether it’s trunked or conventional — no matter. I’ve rebooted, and tried every thing I can think of. Has anyone ever experienced this issue or does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Metrofire31
Opelika, AL
WREX563

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For the first time, my super BCD325P2 has a flashing “HOLD “ on the screen. It is there no matter which system is running, whether it’s trunked or conventional — no matter. I’ve rebooted, and tried every thing I can think of. Has anyone ever experienced this issue or does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Metrofire31
Opelika, AL
WREX563
You have gotten it, maybe accidentally, into System Hold mode.

Press and hold down the "Hold' key for a few seconds. The hold will release & the scanner will resume normal operation.

GROL

You have gotten it, maybe accidentally, into System Hold mode.

Press and hold down the "Hold' key for a few seconds. The hold will release & the scanner will resume normal operation.
Yep. It's actually a very nice feature. Press Hold until Hold is flashing on the screen.
Then you can press the FUNC button and scroll through the sites in the system to hold on a particular one. And as mentioned, press Hold until Hold turns off to resume mormal scanning.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
WOW!! I thank you both so much. I know my Uniden’s pretty well but occasionally I encounter something new. Again, thanks for throwing me a lifeline.

Metrofire31
Opelika, AL
WREX563

GROL

yep, the fix for HOLD is MORE HOLD !
More Hold please!

I had my BCD325P2 a while before I figured that one out. It actually comes in handy monitoring NC Viper when I know which site is near me, instead of scanning several sites in the same area.