BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Unusual Predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I guess I didn't realize that the ESN was imprinted somewhere on the scanner.

It's hardcoded in the scanner hardware, specifically to prevent the user from being able to change it. Allowing the user to change serial number or ESN would allow users to purchase one upgrade key and fraudulently upgrade any number of scanners, as well as sabotage theft investigations.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Predicament resolved!!!

As President Gerald Ford once said, "Our long nightmare is finally over". :)
I am not mechanically gifted so I normally have to follow instructions TO THE LETTER. In this case, I was under the false assumption that when I cloned one of my radios from the other one (same model) that it copied EVERYTHING, including firmware, ESN, codeplug, EVERYTHING!! WRONG!!!

I totally overlooked that the ESN's were still different after cloning so all this exercise of getting you all involved was a complete waste of your time. I deeply apologize and hope I can help you all one day.
Here's how it resolved:
1. The ESN is printed on the rear of the BCD996P2 (at least, enough digits to confirm what you find in SETTINGS
2. Once I verified that my second 996P2 had retained its own ESN, I was home free
3. Paid my $$, got the two keys, loaded them into the right scanner, and now I'm up-to-date with TWO BCD996P2 scanners that have been upgraded for both DMR and ProVoice.

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL - YOU'RE THE BEST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.