up graded 800MHz bnc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has any one seen the advertisement on ebay for the so called ( up graded 800MHz bnc antenna) ?
It is to get a stronger reception for a greater distance?

DickH

Has any one seen the advertisement on ebay for the so called ( up graded 800MHz bnc antenna) ?

We can't see that antenna from that link. Anyway, some claims of antenna performance are not very accurate. I suggest you get the Radio Shack 800MHz antenna. It has proven good performance.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

We can't see that antenna from that link. Anyway, some claims of antenna performance are not very accurate. I suggest you get the Radio Shack 800MHz antenna. It has proven good performance.

I didn't see a link???

But I'm "guessing" it's this antenna...

Upgrade Long 800 MHz Scanner Radio Antenna for Uniden Scanner Radios BNC BC SC | eBay

SCPD

QRT
No Sir, the one you show is for a Uniden, the one I looked at is for RS PRO 106. BUT ! like the gentleman above you said, some places that sell antennas are not very accurate. I do be leave my RS 800mhz is just as good as the up dated one. Thanks for the feed back.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Without commenting on whether it is a better antenna or not (I have no idea): That antenna would work with any scanner that used a BNC connector (or SMA connector using an adapter). Brand doesn't matter to the antenna.

lep

At least the one in the link does not have the misleading (or down right false) gain claim that is part of packaging of the RS branded antenna. (yes, I have several of the RS branded ones because they are easy to find locally and they work reasonably well, but there IS NO way they have the cite gain on the package).

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
No Sir, the one you show is for a Uniden, the one I looked at is for RS PRO 106. BUT ! like the gentleman above you said, some places that sell antennas are not very accurate. I do be leave my RS 800mhz is just as good as the up dated one. Thanks for the feed back.

Well then, here's one listed as specifically for the the Pro-106...:D

Radio Shack Pro 106 Digital Scanner Antenna Upgrade 800MHz APCO 25 All Bands | eBay

It "appears" most of their antennas are actually TNC with a BNC adapter. Nothing wrong with that, but the less adapters the better in my opinion...but that's just me.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Yes Sir, That's the one I was looking at earlier, But I think I will stick with the local's it's safer. Thanks for all the input.

coolderb

Well then, here's one listed as specifically for the the Pro-106...:D

Radio Shack Pro 106 Digital Scanner Antenna Upgrade 800MHz APCO 25 All Bands | eBay

It "appears" most of their antennas are actually TNC with a BNC adapter. Nothing wrong with that, but the less adapters the better in my opinion...but that's just me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the same 800 Mhz antenna that Radio Shack sells. I have 3 of them and they work well for monitoring the 800Mhz systems in my area. Note that the item details even says "LISTING IS FOR ONE

UPGRADED 800MHZ RUBBER ANTENNA
WORKS FANTASTIC ON BOTH DIGITAL AND ANALOG SCANNERS, ANY SCANNER RADIO.
YOU CANT COMPARE RECEPTION TO STOCK ANTENNAS "

Looks like the picture was taken with the orange RS lettering turned away. PRO 106 is probably listed in the title so that Ebay keyword searches will display that listing.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have one of these antennas. These antennas are new, bag cell phone antennas. The seller bought out a large stock. They have a TNC connection with a BNC adapter. They are good quality antennas, but they are very heavy, at least twice the weight of the stock or RS 800 antennas. Their performance is fair, (maybe due to the adapter) however I have had better performance from the RS 800 and other commercial 800 antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.