• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Upcoming Unication Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeB

Just curious if there is a site or social media account that shares future and upcoming products that Unication is working on or is this thread the best place for that?

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...no company worth their salt, is going to share in social media or elsewhere, upcoming releases until they are good and ready to release such product.

Best thing Unication has going for right now, is the development of firmware, to enhance an already great pager, IMO.

LukeB

I must have misread something and for the life of me, I cannot find where I read it. I've checked my search history to see if I can re-trace steps. I thought I came across something discussing a new product coming out soon but clearly I'm losing my mind.

tkowalik

Banned
I must have misread something and for the life of me, I cannot find where I read it. I've checked my search history to see if I can re-trace steps. I thought I came across something discussing a new product coming out soon but clearly I'm losing my mind.
One of the Uni reps was talking about the next pager being able to scan two systems simultaneously. If traffic was happening simultaneously, the audio of one system would play through the speaker and the second would record and playback when the first completed.

Perhaps that is what you were thinking of?

tkowalik

Banned
It's very possible @tkowalik was it in this forum?

I was mistaken. There was a lot of back and forth about being able to monitor two systems simultaneously, but it was channels. I guess I was thinking of the link to this brochure. G Series Free Scan #17 "Receiving the decoding in two different channels simultaneously. The one channel plays the audio out, the other channel will record voice message automatically. (under develop, require new platform).

CFP387

Notice that the brochure states "channels" while we're talking about "systems"; two completely different animals.

Has Unication ever confirmed that they have the technology to scan two different systems at the same time?

While I'm not saying that the above isn't true, I am saying that the two Unication reps that I communicate with regularly have told me that they do not have the technology available at this time.

tkowalik

Banned
Notice that the brochure states "channels" while we're talking about "systems"; two completely different animals.

Correct. That is why I said I was mistaken. I was wrong in how I interpreted the brochure.
Please continue your lecture.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider

Has Unication ever confirmed that they have the technology to scan two different systems at the same time?
There are no radios that have technology to scan two different systems at the "same time". But they are working on a way to scan across systems. But it wont be at the same time. Not trying to nit pick just making a clarification. It will park on a control channel, scan it, then move on to the next control channel and scan it.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
While we’re in this conversation, where is the best deal on a G5 coupled with the best customer service/ best shopping experience? I’m within a week or so of pulling the trigger.

N6ML

There are no radios that have technology to scan two different systems at the "same time". But they are working on a way to scan across systems. But it wont be at the same time. Not trying to nit pick just making a clarification. It will park on a control channel, scan it, then move on to the next control channel and scan it.

The technology to simultaneously monitor multiple 770MHz public service trunked systems isn't much of a stretch for an SDR. It'd just have to be able to sample enough bandwidth to cover all of the channels (769-775MHz), and enough DSP "horsepower" to decode multiple channels simultaneously. I've been experimenting with this concept using software like sdrtrunk and hardware like a HackRF One (which can sample up to 20MSPS => ~20MHz). Monitoring 770MHz and 850MHz at the same time would be a bit of a different story, though.

N6ML

While we’re in this conversation, where is the best deal on a G5 coupled with the best customer service/ best shopping experience? I’m within a week or so of pulling the trigger.

Unication has a pretty strict minimum pricing policy (from what I understand), so you'll likely see the same prices everywhere, which makes customer service a differentiator. I 100% agree with @RetiredVolunteer on recommending Ray's Pager Sales.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
From a former uni dealer i now only use Rays pager.

Status
Not open for further replies.