UPDATE - 5/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianG61UK

I'm about to give up! 3 computers. 2 w/ 10 the other with 7. 7 wouldn't recognize anything. Main laptop, still nothing. 2nd laptop somewhat recognizes it. It will show the comport active (USB5), when I tell EZScan to set time clock, it doesn't connect. Here is the clincher - when I say Format the disc, it says there is a connection on the "G" drive (which if I unplug the scanner, it goes away) but when I tell it to format, it doesn't recognize the scanner. It just sits there now in "No MAIN Appl code! Waiting for USB...". Oh, and I downloaded the CPU Updater and it crashed one of my laptops!

Thank God I have today and tomorrow off!
Once you are stuck on waiting for USB you must complete the CPU update. Nothing else will work until you get working CPU firmware in to the scanner.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ed6698

I believe I read on here someone having this issue. With computer and scanner off, and scanner connected via USB, make sure scanner is not plugged in by AC power, then turn on computer and try the CPU updater after a couple minutes, the powering on of the scanner head is normal in the update process.

BrianG61UK

Can't do anything when it's stuck in the "waiting" mode. Anytime I try to send the CPU update, it times out and tells me there is a connection error. GRRRRRRR!
It may be easier with the standalone CPU updater but you will need to look in Device Manager (under ports) to find the COM port number that has been assigned to the scanner.

When I put power to the unit, it's dark. As soon as I touch the power button or connect the USB cable to it, it goes into the "Waiting for USB" or "Update in Progress" screens. Device manager shows it connected to Com 5 (But not as Whistler). I CAN do the "Set Clock", but that is it. Anything else I try to do, it just times out and tells me I have a connection error. I have tried the CPU update where you hold down the MENU key when putting in the USB, but it doesn't enter CPU mode.

I'm open for any suggestions.

BrianG61UK

When I put power to the unit, it's dark. As soon as I touch the power button or connect the USB cable to it, it goes into the "Waiting for USB" or "Update in Progress" screens. Device manager shows it connected to Com 5 (But not as Whistler). I CAN do the "Set Clock", but that is it. Anything else I try to do, it just times out and tells me I have a connection error. I have tried the CPU update where you hold down the MENU key when putting in the USB, but it doesn't enter CPU mode.

I'm open for any suggestions.
You are already in CPU update mode. You do not need to hold Menu.

You say it seems to be COM5 but doesn't show as Whistler, what does it show as?

BrianG61UK

And this is all it does:
Hopefully that appears only when you have tried to do the CPU firmware update. You should make sure you have waiting for USB before you start the update. (remove and reapply power if necessary).

Otherwise I think you probably need to call Whistler (and/or your supplier if that's not Whistler), because you may have a faulty scanner.

Edit: Something else is clearly using COM ports on your PC since you have COM5, quite a high number to find on a modern PC. You could try changing it to a different COM port. Also think whether other software is running that might be polling COM ports to look for a particular piece of hardware.

Last edited:

Ed6698

Mine is set just like that. Here is a link to a short YouTube I did on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A75n5htmGOw&feature=youtu.be

Okay.

Just for trying to eliminate things, can you try disabling temporarily any Antivirus and firewall, just to make sure nothing is causing a issue. One thing I noticed in your video, I did not see you holding down power button until it says to release power button, looks like possibly a corrupted SD card. That USB cable cannot be plugged in while scanner is on. I would use a USB card reader and do the Prepare SD card for use, then put it back in and properly power on scanner and make sure it works, if it is ok, turn off scanner and connect USB cable then try the update.

Last edited:
Whenever I touch any button, it goes into the Waiting for USB mode. I don't even get the "release power button" screen. Nada. I've tried reformatting the card as well back to the original (I copied it as soon as I got it), still nothing. Even tried another card.

BrianG61UK

Okay.

Just for trying to eliminate things, can you try disabling temporarily any Antivirus and firewall, just to make sure nothing is causing a issue. One thing I noticed in your video, I did not see you holding down power button until it says to release power button, looks like possibly a corrupted SD card. That USB cable cannot be plugged in while scanner is on.
You must not do anything except CPU firmware update. Do not set the clock. I suggest you quit EZ-Scan and use the standalone CPU firmware updater for your scanner which you can download from the Whistler website if you don't have it. It will be called sonthing like CPUUpdater_TRX2_U4. 7.exe though since I don't have a TRX2 I don't know exactly, and I have no idea what the version numbers at the end after the capital U will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.