UPDATE - 5/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
HAPPY SCANNING!

The update will be available via the PC app after 6pm Eastern Time today.
The update will be available on www.whistlergroup.com after 8pm Eastern time tonight.

Instructions:
Update the PC APP
Update the CPU
Update the DSP

PC APP Release notes

* Redesigned the advanced options tab to include sub-tabs to allow the addition of new options.
* Added edit options for the RSSI received signal bars to the advanced options tab under the Display Options sub-tab.
* Added Load Defaults button on the DSP settings on the Receive/PCIF Options sub-tab.
* Added Options to allow modification to the ZeroMatic values for the scanner, including a Load Defaults button on the Receive/PCIF Options sub-tab.
* Added Australian band plan.
* When copying between the computer and the SD card, the default Delete flag will now be set to No.
* Corrected an issue when creating a new conventional channel using a CTCSS or DCS squelch value, the stored value would be saved incorrectly.
* Changed the Zeromatic code to verify and correct all values if they are found to be outside of allowed ranges
* Fixed a bug when attempting to load a list of trunked systems for import. This only occurred in some areas and under extreme circumstances.
* Corrected an issue where the trunking tables on Motorola VHF and UHF systems were not being set correctly when imported using the preferred method.
* Added option to the file menu to import the configuration from a WS-1040/WS-1065 or compatible scanner. This function will only download from the source scanner's working memory. It will not download from a V-Scanner folder directly.
* Updated the Save Configuration to Archive option to honor the -d command line switch.

CPU Release notes
* Added "Freq" item to Tune settings menu
* Filtered out Fn+<digit> combinations from scan list toggling
* NXDN: PROP_FORM message handling in conventional
* Added handling for certain multi-block PDUs (for some VHF systems)
* Fixed problem entering Skywarn mode when no scan lists are enabled

DSP release notes
* minor enhancements to P25 PDU handling

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Assuming this was applicable to the 1098 it's a fail for the CPU and DSP update, but the PC App was successful.

Attachments

• Fail.jpg
    Fail.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,222

MichaelBhere

Assuming this was applicable to the 1098 it's a fail for the CPU and DSP update, but the PC App was successful.

I read someone post last year with the same issue and recall he ended up checking for the updates individually and the updates were available. I do not have a 1098 so I cannot confirm if that will get around your issue or not but my TRX-1 updated without issues.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
PC App updated properly.
CPU and DSP show no update available
TRX-1

P.S. Also tried them individually, no joy!

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Looks like it's fixed now, at least for the 1098. I'll try others later.

MichaelBhere

PC App updated properly.
CPU and DSP show no update available
TRX-1

P.S. Also tried them individually, no joy!

You may want to try again.

My TRX-1 now is using the following

PC App is now 3.5
CPU is now 5.4
DSP is now 3.1

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Wow, this sure would have saved me a bunch of time a year ago when I got my 1088! Imported flawlessly from my PRO-106, except the trunked systems came in as Canada; easy fix.

> * Added option to the file menu to import the configuration from a
> WS-1040/WS-1065 or compatible scanner.

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
I have not competed the update as of yet. However, I wish to Thank Whistler! I apologize for being mad at you.

davedecember

Update =Smooth as glass

Updated all,TRX-1 smooth as glass.Thanks Wendy and kudo's to the Whistler team.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Updated fine and works good...HOWEVER, every time I connect my TRX-1 and open the EZ-Scan it upgrades the firmware again, it's done it 3 times now.

Any ideas on how to prevent that?

Machria

Premium Subscriber
TRX1 worked like a charm for me. THANKS WHISTLER!!! Nice work!

I hope we get an update of EZscan that gives us better working Import/Export features...... Copy Paste.....

BrianG61UK

Updated fine and works good...HOWEVER, every time I connect my TRX-1 and open the EZ-Scan it upgrades the firmware again, it's done it 3 times now.

Any ideas on how to prevent that?

For now you could turn off automatic checking for updates.

daddyjohn

I was able to update the software just fine and it restarted just fine. But now whenever I try to check for any updates, all together or individually, I get a "connection time out error". I have also gone to Whistlers website to try to download the updates individually but my webpage locks up whenever I try to log in to their website. I thought last night it was due to heavy user traffic but it is still the same this morning. Bummer.

dsankir

I was able to update the software just fine and it restarted just fine. But now whenever I try to check for any updates, all together or individually, I get a "connection time out error". I have also gone to Whistlers website to try to download the updates individually but my webpage locks up whenever I try to log in to their website. I thought last night it was due to heavy user traffic but it is still the same this morning. Bummer.

Looks like a connection problem between radio and pc.As i know there s setting option on windows,calculate time on usb ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.