Update channels screws up scanlists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
So I have a TRX-2 set up pretty well. I go to update channels, and then my scanlists are screwed up.

See before and after for a prime example of just one scangroup.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 556
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 602

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
Ok, this is an easy fix.

fmbwgoK.png

Hr1WpsY.png

If you have it set up like I have it won't keep changing the names that you changed them to.

What I have shown you is the last step of importing stuff from the library under the import Options.

EulX2cj.png

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It looks like it is a bug in the software. Contacting Whistler customer service and reporting the bug would be probably be a good idea so that they can fix it.

Some instructions can be found in the topic Bug Reports EMAIL ADDRESS.

DJ11DLN

It looks like it is a bug in the software. Contacting Whistler customer service and reporting the bug would be probably be a good idea so that they can fix it.

Some instructions can be found in the topic Bug Reports EMAIL ADDRESS.
These were what Quint-1-29 were referring. This has been an "issue" in E-Z scan/iScan all along. If you have custom alpha tags and you don't check these, they'll get overwritten during an update and go back to whatever they were in the library. And they are not checked by default. A lot of us got tripped by this before noticing this unobtrusive little box.

Apologies if you already understood this...just trying to be helpful.

Attachments

• check these.PNG
    check these.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 347

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
These were what Quint-1-29 were referring. This has been an "issue" in E-Z scan/iScan all along. If you have custom alpha tags and you don't check these, they'll get overwritten during an update and go back to whatever they were in the library. And they are not checked by default. A lot of us got tripped by this before noticing this unobtrusive little box.

Apologies if you already understood this...just trying to be helpful.

My response was to the OP.

The problem that OP is showing has nothing to do with custom alpha tags. The OP is clearly using the default alpha tags, the problem is that it should not be updating those alpha tags to completely arbitrary alpha tags. If you look at the picture and the system they are referring to, you can see that the software is applying the completely wrong alpha tag for the talkgroups that they have programmed.

This is clearly a software bug, and Whistler cannot fix the bug unless someone tells them about it.

Last edited:

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
My response was to the OP.

The problem that OP is showing has nothing to do with custom alpha tags. The OP is clearly using the default alpha tags, the problem is that it should not be updating those alpha tags to completely arbitrary alpha tags. If you look at the picture and the system they are referring to, you can see that the software is applying the completely wrong alpha tag for the talkgroups that they have programmed.

This is clearly a software bug, and Whistler cannot fix the bug unless someone tells them about it.

Thanks - yep, I'll notify them. I can't recall if I modified the tags or not - I think I didn't. But the tags are COMPLETELY wrong. It's not just going from say "Smallvile PD 1" to "Smallvile Police 1" but to "Smithville Fire 2"

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Ok, this is an easy fix.

fmbwgoK.png

Hr1WpsY.png

If you have it set up like I have it won't keep changing the names that you changed them to.

What I have shown you is the last step of importing stuff from the library under the import Options.

EulX2cj.png

I must be missing it - where is Import Options? I swear I've looked everywhere!

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
Go to the Library like you were going to get those TGs go to the end before importing channels to your list right above that is IMPORT OPTIONS.

TAbirdman

Ok!

I've seen some odd stuff after updates or changes and generally closing and opening the program backup fixed them for me. Just checking. :)

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Go to the Library like you were going to get those TGs go to the end before importing channels to your list right above that is IMPORT OPTIONS.

Oh wait, I see - I'm going to UPDATE channels not Import. So still a bug, I'll report it to whistler. :)
I do see similar options in update, but the tags I have shouldn't be overwritten, especially incorrectly!

Quint-1-29

Premium Subscriber
The option you want is in the Library where you IMPORT from RR not the update list. do it this way will still update your list and will not change your TGs names. I know this works for I have done it. It's a work around take a few minutes more but it won't change you TGs names. Also I just looked at the update part and if you hit YES it will change your work.

pKmFXnR.png

This window you want to say NO not a bug.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
The option you want is in the Library where you IMPORT from RR not the update list. do it this way will still update your list and will not change your TGs names. I know this works for I have done it. It's a work around take a few minutes more but it won't change you TGs names. Also I just looked at the update part and if you hit YES it will change your work.

pKmFXnR.png

This window you want to say NO not a bug.

I reported it to whistler and have been e-mailing one of the engineers, so we're getting somewhere. definitely not working as designed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.