update in myshack

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nice station! :) I cut my teeth in 1975 on an old dx-160 like that, then my dad gave his s-108 before he passed.

n9zas

grogan

Nice stuff. I see you have wireless headphones. What do you use them on, and how do they work?
can you walh around the hole house and listen to the scanner for example?

melbourneradio

Premium Subscriber
nice ,,,, i like the din mounting of the scanners , oh and yes those icoms are a nice unit ,,, i have been across a few of them , and they are very nice , and have some handy features

commscanaus

Ah the Realistic DX-160!!

Man, how I lusted after one of those as a kid!
The brushed aluminum facia and colored dial markings still look great even in the digital age.

How does the Yaesu VR-5000 perform?
I have read many bad reviews about that model, which is a shame as it really looks like an excellent radio. The disappointment I felt with the FRG-9600's poor performance (totally different beast of course) seems to be the same with many users of the VR-5000 it would seem.

Very nice setup!

Regards, Commscanaus.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Ah the Realistic DX-160!!

Man, how I lusted after one of those as a kid!
The brushed aluminum facia and colored dial markings still look great even in the digital age.

Yeah - what is it about those? I have a DX-150 and they just have a great look. Fairly drifty for awhile, but still fun to play with from time to time. I too wanted one of those desperately but was given a Hallicrafters S-129 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.