update my firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason1970

i have updated the firmware on my computer for my uniden scanner UBCD396T just wondering how do i load it onto the scanner have been trying but not sure how if any one could give me some help thanks jason.

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Make sure your computer is connected to your scanner, should just have to go to start my computer and you should see your scanner in their...Also their should be a setup.exe file in the firmware you dl if not then basically its justa drag and drop, its very similar process if you have a external drive or thumb drive etc basically same process...

tomandnic

make sure you have the latest uploader.. the old uploader wont worok
and you will need the ESn number handy for when you go to upload to the scanner

MarkWestin

Do you have a "U"BCD396T or a BCD396T? If you have the UBCD396T, I don't think that the USA firmware for the BCD396T will work in your scanner. You will need to check Uniden's Australian Web Site to see if any firmware updates are available. If so, the method of installation could be and probably is different.

Mark

jason1970

aussie scanner

yes i have the aussie scanner UBCD396T i have loaded the new firmware to my computer and when i plug my scanner into the pc it dosent show up in my computer so i am lost on what to do thanks if anyone can help me.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
then you need to install the proper software for your computer so it can recognize your scanner, or u need to update the driver for ur com port if thats how ur hooked in

MarkWestin

Just so you know, I don't own or have access to the UBCD396T scanner. What version of firmware do you have now? Did you download the "Firmware Update Loader (Vers. 1.5.2.0)"? Did you download the "Firmware Upgrade (Vers. 1.14.03)"? What operating system does your computer have (version and service packs if any)? What type of serial port are you using (USB - Serial adapter or hardware serial port)? If you are using a USB - Serial adapter, what brand and model is it? (most will work fine, but you might need to have the latest drivers). Do you have programming software for your radio? If yes, do you know which Com Port the software is using? We need to know all these things in order to assist you.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.