Update on Ocean City, NJ P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

saber2k5

The TRS is exclusively P25 Phase 2. The hybrid with EDACS, using 2 of the frequencies has been removed. Since this is a Harris system, all 5 frequencies are potential control channels. The primary control channel has been observed as 853.4750.

Police are encrypted on all TGs. All other users are in the clear. Fire & EMS dispatch and operations are on the system, using the same QCII tone frequencies that are on the VHF. However the Fire VHF channel is only used for tone alerts now.

The beach fee people have been added to the system, TG 31815.

Also, when there is a missing child on the boardwalk during the day, Central has been broadcasting that info on the Beach Patrol TG (clear) at the same time it is given to PD Boardwalk units (ENC).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
We have no record of this new system, so please submit all of the pertinent info so that it can be added to the database. Thanks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Disregard my last post. I had forgotten that the "Ocean County System" is actually just a site on the Atlantic County system.

You'll still need to submit any of the changes that you've observed.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the Ocean City site, OCFD can frequently be heard on the Egg Harbor Twp site and occasionally on the Mays Landing site.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah, City, that's what I meant...it's been one of those days. 🤦‍♂️

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
The TRS is exclusively P25 Phase 2. The hybrid with EDACS, using 2 of the frequencies has been removed. Since this is a Harris system, all 5 frequencies are potential control channels. The primary control channel has been observed as 853.4750.

Police are encrypted on all TGs. All other users are in the clear. Fire & EMS dispatch and operations are on the system, using the same QCII tone frequencies that are on the VHF. However the Fire VHF channel is only used for tone alerts now.

The beach fee people have been added to the system, TG 31815.

Also, when there is a missing child on the boardwalk during the day, Central has been broadcasting that info on the Beach Patrol TG (clear) at the same time it is given to PD Boardwalk units (ENC).

I'm not entirely sure the system is a Harris System. In 2019, I rented one of those Sand Helper beach power wheelchairs, and long story short, it died near the 53rd Guard stand. Had to get OCFD to rescue me! Haha! And the crews had Motorola APX Portables, and the jet ski Chevy Tahoe had a APX Mobile as well!

saber2k5

This is a Harris system and follows the P25 standard. Motorola radios are able to operate on the system. The OCFD uses APX8000 portables (have not seen the mobiles but would expect them to be the 8500s). The OCBP uses APX1000 portables. The FD and BP have each others TGs in their subscriber units.

The PD uses Harris portables. The boardwalk officers are using XG15 portables (PW and Beach Fee also using this model portable).

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
It is a Harris P25 system.

This is a Harris system and follows the P25 standard. Motorola radios are able to operate on the system. The OCFD uses APX8000 portables (have not seen the mobiles but would expect them to be the 8500s). The OCBP uses APX1000 portables. The FD and BP have each others TGs in their subscriber units.

The PD uses Harris portables. The boardwalk officers are using XG15 portables (PW and Beach Fee also using this model portable).

Then I stand corrected! Thanks gentlemen! I didn't know something like could be done, unless it was a system like Lancaster County, PA built (I forget the manufacturer name) that you can use different brands of P25 equipment. I thought Harris systems could only use Harris equipment.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any systems that (mostly) adhere to the Project 25 standards are interoperable, and any subscriber can perform at least the basic functions on the system. Some proprietary features like enhanced data, over-the-air programming, over-the-air aliases, etc. may not work with all subscribers, but at the very least voice will work.

It's pretty common these days to see a mix of different brand radios on P25 systems, regardless of who manufacturers the infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.