Update on Wethersfield's New TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

From what I read, Motorola didn't even know that a bid was put out.

Don't forget, The town was suing Motorola for a so called "Cadillac" system

that could not be fixed due to a lack of parts and poor coverage. The new Harris "Lease to

Own" has a clause to guarantee parts to be available for 15 years and it must perform to the towns

satisfaction.

Sorry the way you were talking I thought you had real knowledge of the old and new systems and Motorola and Harris not read things about it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Noticed the UHF last night and have to say, sounds great. I don't recall hearing them in a while but that could be that I was paying more attention now.

chris

55engine

Premium Subscriber
see that it's in the data base but without a talk group it will not go in to the 530 or 4 36 I had that issue with New Britain to somebody put a talk group which was 1001 and 2001 then my radio started to work that's what I'm asking if someone can put the 101 is police dispatch and 102 is tac the radios should work

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Wesct, there was a lot of speculations in your posts... repeaters, power lines etc.

Generally speaking, FCC has had rules in for awhile on HAAT, which limits power output. Long gone are the days of getting a 100 watt license and putting up a 100 watt transmitter. Even back in the day, I can't seem to remember 10 watt repeaters for system infrastrure in the catalogs.

We have cell antennas and two way antennas on transmission towers, no issues. Its all about proper installment.

As stated, it all comes down to price/contract/service agreements and what is specified/bid and with the RFP's (if any).

wesct

Wesct, there was a lot of speculations in your posts... repeaters, power lines etc.

Generally speaking, FCC has had rules in for awhile on HAAT, which limits power output. Long gone are the days of getting a 100 watt license and putting up a 100 watt transmitter. Even back in the day, I can't seem to remember 10 watt repeaters for system infrastrure in the catalogs.

We have cell antennas and two way antennas on transmission towers, no issues. Its all about proper installment.

As stated, it all comes down to price/contract/service agreements and what is specified/bid and with the RFP's (if any).

I wish I had a camera for you. The site at executive square has power lines right above it.

That is not speculation, that is fact.

I said I will be silent, I have broken that promise.

Is there any possible way to put at least 2 talk groups in the data base so that the system will work?

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel DB download

I am not seeing where the weekly download is putting the new Wethersfield P25 Ph II system in Sentinel. Can someone please advise. I'd like to make a FL list and see if I can hear it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If there are no talkgroups listed in the RR database, the scanners/software are not smart enough to just go into "SEARCH". Someone has to bother to submit info. It would be fairly simple to program any of the scanners by software with a custom list as well.

chris

Mork

Premium Subscriber
What I am pointing out is that the new system is not being downloaded to the Sentinel database, the automated download. I don't see where it has anything to do with having tgs or not.

wesct

What I am pointing out is that the new system is not being downloaded to the Sentinel database, the automated download. I don't see where it has anything to do with having tgs or not.

Chris is right, as the same thing happened with New Britain. Nothing worked until at least 2 talk groups are entered into the database.

I have created 2 favorite lists one for the old system and one for the new system. I put in 8 talk groups for pd and the fd, then I turned on the search.

Rumor has it that the new system goes live sometime on Wednesday.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I guess I am not being clear in what I am asking. Perhaps we need to have some generic TGs added so we can do ID SEARCH without manually creating a FL in Sentinel.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Added them today.

Wesct - just because antennas are next to a power line, does not make them ineffective. We do it all the time without an issue.

Yes, there is more potential issues (that can be resolved) with VHF-Lo, and sometimes VHF-Hi, but we do it all the time.

We do not randomly place antennas at these type of locations and "hope that it works".

Next time you are on Rt2, 5/15 etc, take a look on what are on the transmission towers.

Attachments

• antennas-utility-pole.jpg
    antennas-utility-pole.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

wesct

Added them today.

Wesct - just because antennas are next to a power line, does not make them ineffective. We do it all the time without an issue.

Yes, there is more potential issues (that can be resolved) with VHF-Lo, and sometimes VHF-Hi, but we do it all the time.

We do not randomly place antennas at these type of locations and "hope that it works".

Next time you are on Rt2, 5/15 etc, take a look on what are on the transmission towers.

That sure doesn't look like executive square.

PabloTheAlien

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That sure doesn't look like executive square.

I am new and not that smart but I get what PJH is trying to explain to you. Maybe I could help you understand by explaining it in my newbie words? If so send me a PM and I will decipher his complex message for you!

Pablo

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Yeah and?

I hate to drag this out, but you are assuming that this is a problem.

We put antennas (again, read previous posts) on these towers all the time. On 800 there isn't a problem. Follow these lines over the river by the power plant into East Hartford and you will see a few with cell sites on them as well.

We also have them on AM/FM/TV broadcast towers, co-located cell sites, and anything else.

Proper filtering and design works wonders.

I am not sure why you are so focused on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.