Update on Wethersfield's New TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch came over the analog radio system as of 12:30 pm the new Harris system will be up and running they will do roll call

Last edited:

bluefox2163

I can hear them loud and clear here in berlin that's a nice system better than newbritains

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Please advise when the old channels are no longer used - I do not want to deprecate the old stuff until we know for sure - especially being fairly new.

wesct

Please advise when the old channels are no longer used - I do not want to deprecate the old stuff until we know for sure - especially being fairly new.

The analog system is being kept on the air as a back up at this time.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I would like to do it but I live too far way to pick it up that's why was wondering if anybody in that area would volunteer and as for volunteer EMS I believe they only work on weekends if I'm not mistakeIng

jr3792

Streaming

If anyone has an old scanner one you can stream the fire department using the departments simulcast frequency. I belive its 460.625000. I also believe the ambulance department is 453.025000. All conventional non digital trunking.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why the CW ID transmits with the PL on 460.6250, normally they don't use that option in the repeater software (unless the brand they are using doesn't have that option)
I don't think EMS uses 453.0250 anymore as North Central is using that freq for Tac1. They have a number of TGs on the TRS.

chris

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
Since Wethersfield is now on new system, has anyone monitored (at length) police, fire and ems with 436/536 Unidens?

MFCJR

I will try it on my 536 when I have the time. I still have the old system in my scanner.

MFCJR

The Police are coming in strong at my location on the New Britain/Newington line with just the scanner antenna. Sometimes when they first talk its very faded but then gets loud. I have not heard a Fire or EMS call so far. I just started.
Maybe they will also keep the Fire frequency of 460.625 in use like Newington does with 154.445.

blockhead1

A couple of talkgroups have been changed back to P1 to try and troubleshoot inconsistant audio levels. Audio levels are all over the place, as referenced in a previous post.
They are keeping the 460.625 simulcast for FD for paging.

MFCJR

Thanks for the update blockhead1. I thought it might of been my scanner with the audio issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.