Update to Armer on 8/18/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

digirato

Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER)

System Name: Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER)
County: Statewide
System Type: Project 25 Phase I
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Last Updated: August 18, 2014, 11:32 pm (Changed Site # 009 (Minneapolis N - S Simulcast) to 009 (Minneapolis N - S Simulcast))

I'm new so this may be a dumb question but is the change to the Armer system just a label change? It looks like there isn't any change to the frequencies, etc..

Am I right in thinking that this doesn't require me to download this change to Freescan and scanner? Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As long as there are no control channel changes, you don't need to do anything.

If your scanner suddenly becomes "deaf", then a check to see if any recent changes were made, is appropriate. That could explain why the scanner hears other sites, but not Minneapolis though it had been.

Adding a new or different control channel is a major, major task. It requires re-programming of every subscriber unit (portable, base and mobile radios). So that is something rarely done.

Adding a new voice channel, is something else and this appears to be what was done. But your scanner is only "pays attention" to the control channel, so that's why you don't need to be concerned. The majority of folks don't even program voice channels in their scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.