Update To Scott County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
As of today the microwave dishes are going up on the Station 1 Tower, soon the P25 Radio System will be coming into play replacing the EDACS system and enabling full encryption.

Just an update, not here to start a debate

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update Part 2: It appears that the EDACS will Simulcat over the the P25 system. Interop channels will be installed for 800, UHF, and VHF frequencies for surrounding county interop. The following will be utilizing the system. The following department for Georgetown: Police, Fire, EMS, Roads. Scott County: Sheriff, Fire, EMS, Corner, Roads. Other Departments: Emergency Management, Detention Center. Unsure as of the first department to utilize them system, reports saying Emergency Managment/Homeland Security. TMMK's old EDCAS system had patches with Georgetowns EDACS. Since TMMK has upgraded to a MotoTRBO system, it is assumed by me that they might have a channel patch as well on this new system. Towers are still being worked on.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update Part 3: Fire Remains on their NXDN Conv VHF Frequencies, Law Enforcement will be the priority on the list to receive radios and begin using the system. The FCC has licensed the new towers, Simulcast will be apparent as this is going to be 6 sites. Public works will be more than likely to be the last to receive their radios for the system. Also scanning their frequencies for a switch to NXDN since their licenses show emissions for NXDN, and they have NXDN capable radios in their hands.

SenorMoofer

I assume they have not or at least you have not heard any testing over the new system to confirm encryption as of yet? I heard that as recently as November there was a heat discussion of the encryption at a city level with council members disagreeing on full encryption. (this is unconfirmed just a rumor)

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The sites are up but the system is not turned on. I have information on the system but cant say until it's on. What I can say is that it wont be on until the end of January. I'm still talking with local officials and I'll check the minutes and meeting logs and see if that's the case.

The details that I know is that this will be a 700/800 mhz trunked P25 Phase II system. This system will provide radio coverage to city and county agencies including local law enforcement, fire and EMS, public works, and governmental administration offices.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
So it appears that E-911 center is simulcasting fire & ems when they both have a call at the same time. Like they did with EDACS except this time it creates different patch channels and links. Fire should be joining the P25 system soon and will be unencrypted.

SenorMoofer

So it appears that E-911 center is simulcasting fire & ems when they both have a call at the same time. Like they did with EDACS except this time it creates different patch channels and links. Fire should be joining the P25 system soon and will be unencrypted.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, have you been listening to the Fire, it appears to have some form of encryption going on currently and is completely unintelligible.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I wouldn't be so sure about that, have you been listening to the Fire, it appears to have some form of encryption going on currently and is completely unintelligible.
I'm sitting in front of my NXDN Scanner and have heard fire clear all day. Maybe it's the feed provider and his system also could be getting interference from the new system. After all, 5 sites out of 6 are up and running

Last edited:

SenorMoofer

Well, if that could be filled with more misrepresentations of the truth and flat lies it would be a challenge. You know they want encryption that's fine just say we don't want you listening but flat lying to the public about the fact seems demeaning, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Logged some Unit ID's today, the talk groups they were on have been radio techs, UID's were in the 400's. 400 units are Scott County Fire, It seems that SCFD will be joining soon.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Fire Units including City, County, & Stamping Ground have new P25 radios. Units are still toneing out & responding on Nexedge but stations are calling fire control on the TRS for radio checks.

SenorMoofer

Fire Units including City, County, & Stamping Ground have new P25 radios. Units are still toneing out & responding on Nexedge but stations are calling fire control on the TRS for radio checks.
I am going to assume the nexedge system is officially offline? I don't seem to hear it any longer, guessing its all officially on the P25 system.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I am going to assume the nexedge system is officially offline? I don't seem to hear it any longer, guessing its all officially on the P25 system.
At this moment in time, I believe you are correct, I am only picking up traffic on the P25 TRS. Also dispatchers have now started to assign Incident Channel's when fire is dispatched with EMS to a call.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Also, the City of Georgetown has successfully received its new license, same call sign but new locations & emissions.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Talk Group Range has been established

Radio Service/Techs | TG 2000-2010

Georgetown Police Department | TG 2101-2109

Scott County Sheriffs Office | TG 2110 - 2120

Countywide Fire Talkgroups (Includes all 3 fire departments) | TG 2201-2220

Georgetown-Scott County EMS | TG 2301-2310

Georgetown-Scott County EMA/OHS | TG 2401-2410

Georgetown-Scott County E-911 Center | TG 2701-2799

Possible system-wide mutual aid talk group range being drawn out now. It appears that most out of system gateways or channels to non city/county-owned agencies occur in the 2701-2799 range.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
A permanent ISSI Gateway has been established for Air Medical Helicopter Interop per the KY-FOG. This is an analog to the digital talk group on the system. It is E-911 MAC 3. As this is permanent traffic from surrounding counties and air medical helicopters can be heard regularly.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The following radios are in use by all Public Safety Agencies.
City & County Public Works are not utilizing the system at this time, possibly joining soon.

All Agencies Portables - Harris XL-200P
All Agencies Mobile - XG-75M's

jasonk

Feed Provider
Fire Dispatch is showing Encrypted in the RR Database. Is this the case ? Can you monitor Fire Dispatch at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.