Update to "UHF SATCOM Satellite Downlinks Receivable in North America"

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Premium Subscriber
I've just done a (seriously belated) new survey of the PAC and CONUS UHF TACSAT constellations and have updated my "UHF SATCOM Satellite Downlinks Receivable in North America" guide, which you can find at UHF SATCOM Downlinks Receivable in North America .

Not too many changes since last year, but there are a few new notable transponders. In the CONUS constellation, several new 30 KHz voice transponders have appeared on 248.825, 249.375, 251.275, 251.325, 267.825, and 267.925; note that the first two of these are in the data portion of the band, and several are not in the standard bandplan. In the PAC constellation, we have a new 30 KHz voice transponder on 258.450 and three new 6 KHz data transponders on what the bandplan says should be voice channels: 262.100, 262.150 and 262.200.

A new survey of the LANT constellation (from the east coast) will follow in a few weeks.

As always, corrections and additions are gratefully welcomed.

dw2872

Should be good listening through April 7th with 5 national communications exercises with at least 3 including a simulated nuclear incident. Lots of local comms here in Colorado Springs as well. As part of one of the local drills, I just heard Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station FD at NORAD ask for the Fort Carson army base ( just down the hill ) to send rescue to help them with trapped people. We could get lucky and catch some UHF SATCOM in the clear as well, but that would mean them not doing that great in the exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.