UPDATE: TUCSON : Spring 2010 RST HAMFEST CHANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPSan

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE of LOCATION of SATURDAY'S HAMFEST..........ACROSS the STREET from PLANNED LOCATION...........................NOW at TUCSON ELECTRIC PARK...right across the street...

The RST Spring Hamfest will start at 7:00AM this Saturday, March 27.
Vendor setup is at 6:00AM.
VE Testing is scheduled for 9:00AM.
Vendor spaces are $5 each and this year's test session fee is $15.
RST will be selling coffee and doughnuts, as usual.

Now, for the last-minute change: We have been caught in a bureaucratic
SNAFU at the venue. Due to a scheduling error, 3,500 to 4,000
attendees of the NAMI Walk fundraiser will be parking in the lot where
we usually hold the hamfest.

The folks that run Kino Sports Complex have offered
to move us to the Tucson Electric Park parking lot across Ajo Way.

Signs will be posted at the original location starting Friday afternoon
to redirect vendors and visitors to the new location. Also, a map has
been posted to http://www.tucsonhamfest.org/

Last edited:

Ken_Allen

Why was it so short? I got there at 9 to take my test and everything was gone and people were packing up.

JPSan

Why was it so short? I got there at 9 to take my test and everything was gone and people were packing up.

I don't know where you went, but VE testing ENDED with the last person testing JUST before 11 am.
I broke down my flea market space 10:30 and there were still folks still there..Attendance was so -so. But, if you there at 9 am there STILL was a crowd.

Picked up a Realistic PRO -2006 in LIKE NEW condition with manual and all for $ 50.00 also picked up a PRO -2005...Both work excellently...

Ken_Allen

I don't know where you went, but VE testing ENDED with the last person testing JUST before 11 am.
I broke down my flea market space 10:30 and there were still folks still there..Attendance was so -so. But, if you there at 9 am there STILL was a crowd.

Picked up a Realistic PRO -2006 in LIKE NEW condition with manual and all for $ 50.00 also picked up a PRO -2005...Both work excellently...

I tested at around 9:30 and I was the last person to test. They should really start testing at the same time the hamfest starts, or tell people testing to not come at the time testing starts.

I missed all of the stuff by going at 9am. I was looking to buy some radios, and I got there at 9am for testing and everything was gone except a Kenwood TS120 which was bought right before I was about to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.