Updated but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this thread is in the correct forum but if it isn't, my apologies to start. I have a Radio Shack PRO-197 that I recently update the software in to the 2.1 version. I updated all of the new frequencies for the county I listen to but I hear no audio. The scanner will stop on the channel when there is a transmission but no voice. I am listen to the Upper Maryland Eastern Shore Consortium for Queen Annes, Talbot and Caroline Counties. I am using the MOT 800/900 setting. When I hear a transmission on a conventional channel, I can hear everything just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Did you set the custom trunking tables for rebanding?

hobiect

Q Annes

Queen Annes is not a part of the consortium anymore. They have switched over to the new first responders 700 MHz system. I am still trying to figure out how to program my uniden bcd996t to pick it up.

boatbod

Queen Annes is not a part of the consortium anymore. They have switched over to the new first responders 700 MHz system. I am still trying to figure out how to program my uniden bcd996t to pick it up.

Since when, and which departments? It's certainly not my understanding that QA stopped using UESC. Few if any departments around here have been issued 700mhz compatible radios yet.

The OP's problem sounds like an incorrectly programmed trunking table. My bet is he updated the control channels but didn't check the rebanded setting for the voice channels.

troymail

Silent Key

Yeah, no.... that's wrong. I just listened to them on a trip through the area about 2 hours ago.

Are you sure you're not thinking Kent County?

And if QA were to have switched to Maryland FiRST, you're not going to hear them on your 996 anyway. You'd need a PSR800, or a BCDx36HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.