Updated Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthOrRadio

I recently updated the database for Klamath County and I see the sheriff's department are using a couple of new frequencies
using "conventional DMR.

I am unfamiliar with this mode as here in Klamath Falls it's always been analog.

I can see the hits in Pro Scan with the BCD 536 but I don't remember hearing anything.

What do I need to do with this new technology to hear what's going on?

Regards,
Bob, KA7ZIS

u2brent

OAMPT
Last edited:

ki7fk

With two 40 watt base stations mounted 32 feet or less on towers, both located within the city itself, and the mobile units at 4-watts (handhelds?), this system is certainly not intended to cover the entire county for KCSO. I see one of the locations is at the jail, and the other is at the 911 call center. My first thought is that it might be for prisoner transports to and from the courts, but I am only guessing.

ki7fk

After more thought, I will bet that this is a new jail operations system. With DMR, you will receive the signal, but not hear anything if the color code is not set. Discovering the codes will take some sleuthing on your part, but make sure "ID search" is turned on for that system in your scanner. It is possible that they are using encryption in which case, you know what that means. Good luck sorting things out. Is the old analog jail frequency still active?

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
As long as the tone is set to SEARCH.. It will receive all the color codes regardless.. What it won't do is pass audio if the voice is encrypted..
You can set up a DMR 1 Frequency system, Add a site with the frequencies on the license and create a Department and add a dummy TG until you see an actual one transmitted. You'll see UID's as well if they set them up. otherwise you'll see an ID of 1 (default ID) for every radio..

The OP's posted file shows

"TG 1 on 460.2 using Color Code 1"

Status
Not open for further replies.