Updated DRJTBC Talkgroup list

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I've updated the DRJTBC data into the database.

Plan to see some major changes to the 3 troops in the next few weeks. I'm going to wipe out all 3 system & re-enter them in logical group ordering so that all 3 systems look the same when you view them.

I just spent 20 minutes correcting all those damn entries in ALL CAPS (don't even get me started!)in Troop C, to have half of them not stick when submitted! :mad:

Highpockets

Guys,

I've updated the DRJTBC data into the database.

Plan to see some major changes to the 3 troops in the next few weeks. I'm going to wipe out all 3 system & re-enter them in logical group ordering so that all 3 systems look the same when you view them.

I just spent 20 minutes correcting all those damn entries in ALL CAPS (don't even get me started!)in Troop C, to have half of them not stick when submitted! :mad:

I'm not a fan of All Caps either, when it is possible I don't care for them in the Alpha Tag either. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like after the rebanding and the changes you make. Sounds interesting. :D

W2SJW

Database Admin
Also, the grouping is going to be more 'common sense' as well. The whole 'fleet' layout is an archaic throw-back to the assignment limitations in place when the system was Type-I. I believe that grouping the TGID's into logical sets makes it easier to pick what you want to place in your scanner (i.e. - placing the toll-road talkgroups by themselves in a category called 'NJ Highway Authority Patrols' or 'Toll Road Units').

You get my basic feel, though! :lol:

Highpockets

Also, the grouping is going to be more 'common sense' as well. The whole 'fleet' layout is an archaic throw-back to the assignment limitations in place when the system was Type-I. I believe that grouping the TGID's into logical sets makes it easier to pick what you want to place in your scanner (i.e. - placing the toll-road talkgroups by themselves in a category called 'NJ Highway Authority Patrols' or 'Toll Road Units').

You get my basic feel, though! :lol:

Sure do, I guess it will be time consuming, but, when it's done, it should make the data more controllable, and easier to find the talk groups your interested in. :)

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
just out of curiosity special ops what does that entail? they refering to jumpers , accidents etc or is it maintenance ?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... I monitor this system every day along with Mercer Co and Trenton City... the only channel that seems to be active in district one is TBC 1 OPS S (41104) no matter what's happening... it's interesting, especially in the winter as bridge monitors give radio checks every hour with precipitation reports... when there is a major crime in Trenton or Falls Twp. the TBC tells their bridge monitors (as if they could really do anything about it lol)... it's not a busy system except for radio checks but every once in a while it gets interesting like when a bridge monitor found a dead body under the "makes" bridge a few months back...

Status
Not open for further replies.