Updated License - WQFG784 - 154.755 - Doddridge Co SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I see that Doddridge Co lists some low band and some UHF Sheriff stuff. Here is a license that has been around a while but nothing is listed in the DB as active.

This license did have 154.755 FB2 / 158.835 MO. But it was recently updated with a different input.

WQFG874 DODDRIDGE, COUNTY OF - ATTN Sheriff
90.20A - APPLICANT WILL USE FREQUENCIES FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT PURPOSES

FB2 154.755
MO 158.925

My guess is that if they updated it with a new input freq, it is probably in use. If you're in the Doddridge Co area you might want to plug in these frequencies. Perhaps the repeater is used for tactical purposes. Who knows.

If you do listen and discover what it is being used for, please submit the information (agency / use / PL or DCS tones / etc) to the RRDB.

Thanks

Mike

dintimid8or

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

This freq is not in use yet. Doddridge SO main dispatch is still low band with UHF links. Doddridge FD/EMS still uses 154.400 with UHF links.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you have some behind-the-scenes knowledge that it will not be in use for a long time to come? Or did you just not hear anything on it thus far and are basing your comment on that?

Seems to me that if they took the time to update the license to reflect a new input from the original, they likely intend to use it. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have even bothered to submit a new input for it.

Unless you have behind the scene knowledge that tells you otherwise, it certainly doesn't hurt to plug it in and scan it so that the first day it pops online you'll be the one hearing the traffic, no?

Mike

dintimid8or

Feed Provider
Update

Doddridge County law enforcement repeated up and running - 154.755.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I added this to the DB as:

Doddridge Co Law Enforcement

If you guys can pin down the type of traffic or confirm the type of activity, it would be appreciated and we can update the DB further.

I don't know if its for all law enforcement in Doddridge, if it's SO, or what it's for.

Is it being used for dispatch, TAC, or something else?

Thanks, and thanks for keeping an ear open. Always nice to see some new active freqs.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Whatever it is, I'm guessing that it's a smaller agency. License is for 15 mobiles along with the repeater.

I added it to the DB, but I didn't think to ask if you identified the user as definitely a Doddridge Co agency or not.

Mike

MOTOROLANUT

New Dodd Freq

The Doddridge Sheriff Dept has approximately 5 deputies-units. But you must remember Central Communications dispatches for both Doddridge and Ritchie counties. Most likely Ritchie Sheriff Dept 6 deputies-units have/programmed the new Doddridge VHF high band channel for a mutual aid so to speak. Plus there are 1 to 2 West Union Police ( located in Doddridge co also) and 1 to 2 Pennsboro Police (located in Ritchie co) That would explain the 15 mobiles licensed total.

Thanks for the PL dintimid8or :)

dintimid8or

Feed Provider
This frequency is used by Doddridge County SO, West Union PD and WVSP - West Union as the primary dispatch frequency. Motorolanut covered the specifics pretty well, only exceptions would be that West Union PD and Pennsboro PD only have one officer. This frequency can be heard on my live audio feed, usually late afternoon/early evening has the most traffic.

MOTOROLANUT

Compatibility

Exactly right dintimid8or, for a dispatch communication standpoint it makes sense because both Doddridge and Ritchie use VHF primarily for Law Enforcement and Fire, The million dollar question is......If and when Central Communications dispatch will follow the statewide trend and go WVIRP.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
In looking at the DB for Doddridge Co, I wonder if there is room for improvement.

For those of you who actively monitor Doddridge Co:

1. Does Doddridge Co still actively use lowband radios and 39.94 dispatch?
2. Is all DCSO traffic that is heard on 39.94 also heard on UHF on 460.350 repeater?

I'm thinking it would be nicer to have the Doddridge Co SO specific frequencies "grouped" a little closer together instead of being spritzed with other LE frequencies in between. But if we were to re-arrange things to group the SO together more (with all SO frequencies taking precedence at the top of Law Enforcement and then other entries being listed below it), do you think that would look equally strange or worse?

3. 453.875 is listed as Doddridge Co Fire/EMS Dispatch

Fire Dispatch is listed as 154.400 under the Fire Departments section. Where is the paging for Fire/EMS done. Is Fire/EMS paging all done on 154.400? Or is paging for Fire done on 154.400 and paging for EMS done on 453.875?

Just trying to determine if the description for 453.875 is an accurate description. Is there paging and voice communications on here [i.e. leaving a station, arriving on scene, returning to station]?

4. 155.235 is listed as Doddrige Co EMS - listed as EMS TAC.

So is this only used on-scene ? Or is there paging on this frequency as well? And do they report in/out of service on this frequency?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.