Updated Mobile Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
With such a big antenna, it is either trying to pull the sheet metal off or tip over the vehicle. Great looking install-lucky!!!

KD4FUN

Thank you, lots of fuse protection throughout. I put a metal plate for support on the back side of the HF Tarheel Antenna mount , made it a lot more stable

KD4FUN

Thanks, I don't believe I could put any more radios in and still have a place to sit! I told my Fire Chief I need to install a green strobe light, with so many radios I think it qualifies as a Command vehicle!

russellmaher

Premium Subscriber
Well done! Lots of stuff in a compact space and you must have used a shoehorn to get them in there.

Russell

K4NRG

Nice install. Quite a coincidence, I've crossed paths with you on a couple of occasions on HWY 70 in the last couple days near WalMart. I miss my mobile gear...Driving a company vehicle now and they won't allow ham gear.

John

KD4FUN

Nice install. Quite a coincidence, I've crossed paths with you on a couple of occasions on HWY 70 in the last couple days near WalMart. I miss my mobile gear...Driving a company vehicle now and they won't allow ham gear.

John
Hi John, thanks for the kind words. Mobile operation allows me to check into the Navy/ Marine Corps M.A.R.S. net on my way to work at 1800 hrs local time (4F2B) net. And when I'm zipping around town I check into the 4th Region net on 7.243.00 lsb at 13:45 and 15:30 hours. On occasion I will work DX mainly on 20 meters. If u see me on Hwy 70 near Walmart, I am either headed to work or headed to my Fire Station (Township Six) in Carolina Pines. So far I have had a blast working HF mobile.
73 De Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.