Updated MSCommNet Programming Files ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbois1

Since the MSCommNet system went on the air a couple of years ago, there have been a handful of license modifications with frequency changes at several sites - both on the trunked side and conventional. Not mention NAC changes, too.

As of today, there is an FCC license application for yet another pending modification at the Chase Mountain site.

That said, does any one know if the downloadable frequency programming file for MSCommNet thru the Radio Reference site is truly up-to-date??

I downloaded one from RR into my Uniden BC536HP shortly after it became available a couple of years ago. It seems to have worked well, thus far.

At this point, I don't even know if I'm hearing everything on the system, as I'm not certain if the that file has been updated by either the RR Admin Team or any of the members as changes have been made.

Appreciate any information to help answer my query.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Since the MSCommNet system went on the air a couple of years ago, there have been a handful of license modifications with frequency changes at several sites - both on the trunked side and conventional. Not mention NAC changes, too.

As of today, there is an FCC license application for yet another pending modification at the Chase Mountain site.

That said, does any one know if the downloadable frequency programming file for MSCommNet thru the Radio Reference site is truly up-to-date??

I downloaded one from RR into my Uniden BC536HP shortly after it became available a couple of years ago. It seems to have worked well, thus far.

At this point, I don't even know if I'm hearing everything on the system, as I'm not certain if the that file has been updated by either the RR Admin Team or any of the members as changes have been made.

Hey Jim, the Database Admins try our best to keep up with frequent license changes, etc. The system is still very active. Sometimes to active on one channel where you miss stuff on another channel.

ecps92

Changes to the system are generated by "You" the user, the RRDB is not updated just upon an FCC license [many not even used]
If you see something missing and have actually confirmed it's use, Please make a DB submission

jimbois1

Changes to the system are generated by "You" the user, the RRDB is not updated just upon an FCC license [many not even used]
If you see something missing and have actually confirmed it's use, Please make a DB submission

Thanks...I suspect this will be the biggest challenge going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.