Updated Shack Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Had some free time today so I thought I would put up the temporary benches until I finish the drywall in the shack.

Equipment Running:
Yaesu FT-707
Yaesu VX-7R
Alinco 605T with Rigblaster Plus (Just bought the Rigblaster) Packet/Remotebase for Echolink
Pro-91, The radios on the shelf above monitor: Ranger AR3500 (Broke), Macdonald Inst crystal scanner. Dosy Watt and SWR meter, Blue Point DVM.

270603481_c1fb15dff8.jpg

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jayson, don't let my better half hear that. lol

commscanaus

Yep, fill up those shelves Jim! You are off to a great start.
Just use my (now very tired) excuse- "Oh that? I have had that one for ages, found it in the cupboard yesterday!"

Or- "I sold my XYZ123 on Ebay to fund it, sold it to a guy in St Croix! Honest!"
When you accumulate enough stuff- wives/girlfriends stop taking notice and lose track of all the "clutter".

Good Luck!

Commscanaus.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
lol Commscanaus, "sold my xyz123"? I use " I'll have plenty of room honey, I'm gonna get rid of the xyl1 and all of it's accessories".

W8OSP

lmao Isnt that the truth, before to long it seems you have sold everything and bought more and more and more.!! lol Although my wife seems to see any NEW additions i get everytime!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
commscanaus said:
When you accumulate enough stuff- wives/girlfriends stop taking notice and lose track of all the "clutter".

Yes they do. I get crap every once in a while for buying a new radio when I didn't :) I really caught crap after coming home from a scanner show with 5 radios. I won all 5 in raffles and she really didn't believe it. I ended up taking her to a ham fest so she could talk to the people at the bearcat club booth so they could verify the winnings for me :) It made me sad that they didn't put on anymore shows after that one.

K

KC0UWS

That looks great! Question: how good are the 707's? I am looking at possibly getting one in the near future.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Very nice shack, but the scanner looks like a PRO-90, rather than a PRO-91.

radio10-8

My XYZ123 gets great reception and I would never sell it. Unless I am upgrading it to the XYZ-2000 which has great battery life.

OZ_Redneck

commscanaus said:
Just use my (now very tired) excuse- "Oh that? I have had that one for ages, found it in the cupboard yesterday!"

Or- "I sold my XYZ123 on Ebay to fund it, sold it to a guy in St Croix! Honest!"

Good Luck!

Commscanaus.

LOL, mine always asks me "how much did that one cost?" To which I always divide by at least three before I give an answer.

commscanaus

Good One!!!

Divide by at least three! Yes, an excellent way to approach the question when asked!

I think this one says it all:

Regards, Commscanaus.

Attachments

• Ham Cartoon 3.jpg
    Ham Cartoon 3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,789

N9JIG

Sheriff
OZ_Redneck said:
LOL, mine always asks me "how much did that one cost?" To which I always divide by at least three before I give an answer.

I usually tell my wife that "The radio is from work, if they need it I will have to bring it back..." or "I traded it with a guy I know". I only have a few years on the first excuse, I just hope she forgets what radios are "from work"...

A good husband always has a slush fund for toys, lest his wife finds out how much he REALLY spends on radios! I supposed gearheads and gun nuts etc all go thru the same thing with their wives and girlfriends.

I guess it might be tougher on a gay couple, the non-radio partner has a better chance of figuring out the actual value of the gear.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
You are right Johnny, it is a 90, not the 91.
KC0UWS, I think the 707 is a great rig. They have a few known problems that are easy to fix. This one is atleast 20 years old and still has great sounds and great receive. I should be going out today to spend about 200 on a newYaesu 857D to add to the shack.( Remember the conversion factor for the radio amount)

K3GI

commscanaus said:

Good Luck!

Commscanaus.

Great tactics. I will keep it in mind. I've sort of done the same thing already.

KC8JPZ, that's a nice setup in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.