Updated V-Scanner Database for PSR-500/600 v1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Anyone know what this does? Not a hint of documentation on the GRE page. I'd hate to overwrite my V-Scanner entries if it doesn't improve the nearly non-existent usefulness of the MA V-folder.

Suzie

geoff5093

Looks like it's just an updated list of frequencies, not an actual update to the V-Scanner program, correct me if I'm wrong.

DonS

The update seems to be just filename fixup. (Swapping VS_08 and VS_17, which were previously misnamed.)

tobarger

You seem to be right Don.
I did a comparison by file content and the only files that are not identical are 08 & 17.

don333

Hate to sound like a dumb a__, but how do you download this to the scanner?
Thankss.

geoff5093

I haven't looked too hard but I didn't see an easy way to upload it to the scanner either. Although I don't see why many people would use this, all it does is fix a few names and maybe a few frequencies in the pre-programmed V-Scanner database.

DonS

You can use the "demo app" included on the CD to the radio to upload the BIN files one at a time, using the scanner's keypad to store to V-Folders after you upload each one.

Or, you can use one of the available third-party programs to upload all of them in one shot.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
don333 said:
Hate to sound like a dumb a__, but how do you download this to the scanner?
Thankss.
Run the 500 600 demo utility found on the CD.
Set the comport used by the cable and plug it into the scanner.
Click Start .
Click Send to PC/IF and navigate to the desired folder.

Last edited:

mandlair

Thanks all I started a whole new thread because of the mix up.I knew I was doing it right but now all are showing up and md eastern shore working .But no delaware is it in the cd program or the setting .thanks in advance Mike

mandlair

Hi,fmon I did do file 17 and still delaware didnt pickup.Just md so I'm just going to try to program.I guess they didnt do the file right I'm leaning towards that due to the fact the mix up in the first place.Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.