Updated Virginia DVRS Freqs

Hbright

Does anyone have a current list of DVRS frequencies used by Virginia agencies? The list on the DB (Virginia State Police DVRS (Virginia) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) is clearly out of date -- the freqs listed are almost exclusively 764-765 MHz when the license that it references (WPTZ775) starts at 769 MHz. Related, maybe: I identified a VDOT Safety Service Patrol radio on 770.90625 (via Close Call) a few days ago. Does VDOT use the same DVRS freqs as VSP? (WPTZ775 appears to cover all State "Public Safety" agencies).

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
Found these posted by @W4UVV in 2017, this should be the updated list
new-700-dvrs-freqs-part-1-jpg.61939

new-700-dvrs-freqs-part-2-jpg.61940

Hbright

Anyone know if DVRS freqs are assigned to Division or Area? Heard VR-45 used in NoVa.

Hbright

Heads up: Apparently some Troopers are using the LTE functionality on their APX NEXTs instead of activating the VRS. The VRS causes issues when there are lots of cruisers on a scene.

Hbright

^ I take it that some Troopers have SmartConnect activated, where their APX NEXT will switch from LMR to LTE when RSSI drops below a certain coverage threshold. Given the distances the Troopers often are from the STARS sites, I assume LTE is used more often than LMR (when the VRS is deactivated)?

Medic805

Commo Nerd
Premium Subscriber
It's my understanding that the DVRS units are no longer configured to automatically activate like the old ones were. One of the troopers I have regular contact with, told me that his cruiser goes completely dark now when he kills the ignition. And as others have said, with SmartConnect there is almost no need for the DVRS units in most areas now.

dickie757

Wired
It's my understanding that the DVRS units are no longer configured to automatically activate like the old ones were. One of the troopers I have regular contact with, told me that his cruiser goes completely dark now when he kills the ignition. And as others have said, with SmartConnect there is almost no need for the DVRS units in most areas now.
That is a problem. Have him put a trouble ticket in. Generally, what area is he in? The repeater should stay active until the Charge Guard timer expires. The trooper does need to have the switch on the charger in the orange, on, state. And, the portable has to be on the DVRS zone.

Medic805

Commo Nerd
Premium Subscriber
That is a problem. Have him put a trouble ticket in. Generally, what area is he in? The repeater should stay active until the Charge Guard timer expires. The trooper does need to have the switch on the charger in the orange, on, state. And, the portable has to be on the DVRS zone.
He's in Div 5. I'll let him know to reach out to one of the maintenance techs next time we're on the same work rotation.