Updates from the Port Aransas Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
A couple quick things.

First, Port Aransas PD Dispatch is actually on 154.860 with input of 158.9175. They were pretty active on the beaches and working people cutting in line at the ferry.

Never heard any fire department traffic, however down the highway I noticed that Corpus has a fire station so I'm not sure if they covered PA or not. .... and the freq listed as Port Aransas EMS on 155.295 had what sounded like a distant SO working on it.... I never heard any more than that.

San Patricio County EDACS was fairly active, and seems to be rebroadcasting talkgroups from the Corpus Christi System. TG 274, was rebroadcasting in analog across most of the network, and this leads me to believe that this system is actually linked and networked to the Corpus system - so it might be time to merge them together. I didn't have Etrunker or a ProVoice portable with me, however it did sound like there was a lot of ProVoice traffic on the system, it did not sound like AEGIS to me.

Other than that - there was a lot of traffic on the marine band, and the Corpus Christi system was receivable almost at George West in Live Oak County. That system has some great range!

I only had a 396 with me - so that's about what I had.... but, it was a pretty fun trip.

Warm regards,

Lindsay

225Texas

I read somewhere that they want to link San Pat. County and Corpus Christi system together along with Kingsville. I'm not sure, but it looks that way.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like they already did link up, judging by the site numbers and linked talkgroups... might be time to consolidate the systems into one in the database.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
DPS in Atascosa and Live Oak counties were working the local SOs. That had staked out 37 real well between San Antonio and George West.

I wasn't specifically monitoring DPS when I got to Corpus... because of all the other radio traffic.

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
Region 3 which includes Port Aransas and Corpus Christi is now P-25 digital.

Wayne

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
The San Pat and Kingsville sites were all linked back in September 2005 for hurricane Rita Ops, they never switched the links off. The Corpus system has a great distant range but in town I have experienced dead spots on SPID from Weber to Waldron (in Flour Bluff) and on the deep south side of town. The Corpus fire station that you saw was Station 16. They do not cover Port A.

I whis that I was in town while you were visiting. I would have loved to have dinner with you and the family.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
LarryN said:
I would have loved to have dinner with you and the family.

Oh, I dunno about that.

A 2 Year Old
A 5 month Old

It was a disaster.... :wink: We ate at Trout Street, and while the staff was nice and all, we ate outside, the food was disappointing, it must have been 110 degrees, and my daugther continually wanted me to walk her down to the docks to see the boats, during dinner, over and over and over. Plus, she had been at the beach all day, and was dead tired. Disaster.

The best meal that we had in town, where the kids behaved (lunch) - was Fins. Man, the seafood there was outstanding. I'm telling you, staff there, and food, was an absolute delight!

225Texas

I love monitoring South Texas. Lot of action at night with Border Patrol and DPS. Every chance I get to travel down south, I take my scanner. I have to upgrade to hear DPS on
P-25. I've notice Refugio County Troopers using Refugio PD Primary for traffic. Supposedly, they went P-25 digital, but from what I heard last weekend, they're still working on regular frequencies. U.S. 77 and Copano Creek is a haven for them black and whites!

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

I have a two y/o grandson your kids would not have bothered me at all. Next time take a ride in to Corpus or Rockport for some great food. There are tons of places to eat here where your kids would hardly be noticed, real family joints.

Larry

225Texas

Little off topic: Boat and Net has the best seafood in Texas. Wish they would open one of them here in Houston!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.