updates in channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitchin1

not sure where to ask this. but i see there updates in my state. is there any way to scan for changes in my list of channels.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
As a premium subscriber you can most likely import the updates from RR database through your programming software.

skitchin1

bay, i see Saginaw updated but not sure what one to update with out copying all of them and deleting duplicates.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
pro 651, michigan
While this is not "scanning for updates" directly, you can find what changed by looking at your state in the database, then see if your county, or other ones near you or where you often go, are flagged with a color. If the county is shaded green, there has been an update of some sort in the last 24 hours. If a yellowish color, an update was done in the last 7 days. Pull up the county in the database & click on the link for it.

In the upper right corner of the page, you'll see "last updated" If you select that, you'll see the last 30 updates done.

If one of your systems of interest has been updated, it will be tagged with a color in the list of trunked systems in the county. Pull up that system's page & use the "last updated" link in the upper right corner of the trunked systems page.

Often, updates are made for minor changes, that has no effect on how you program frequencies or trunked systems. Looking at the list of updates for each page, or system, will clue you on whether anything needs to be changed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
bay, i see Saginaw updated but not sure what one to update with out copying all of them and deleting duplicates.
Looking at Bay County, the statewide trunked system, MPSCS, is the only system that had a change.
The last update specifically in your county was back in April.

Reading the notes listed for updates to MPSCS, updates were done for Detroit, as well as Saginaw County

Scroll down to the talkgroups to get a view of what changed (partial screenshot below; updates for Saginaw were made yesterday, but still within 24 hours as of this post).

skitchin1

Looking at Bay County, the statewide trunked system, MPSCS, is the only system that had a change.
View attachment 87188
The last update specifically in your county was back in April.
View attachment 87194

Reading the notes listed for updates to MPSCS, updates were done for Detroit, as well as Saginaw County
View attachment 87195

Scroll down to the talkgroups to get a view of what changed (partial screenshot below; updates for Saginaw were made yesterday, but still within 24 hours as of this post).
View attachment 87196
so the green is what been updated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
so the green is what been updated.
Exactly. Not sure specifically what changed, but I suspect that, if you have Saginaw programmed, if you look at the settings for those talkgroups, you likely will not find anything that needs to be modified to continue listening to those agencies.

The database admin probably made a change in something that is not directly visible when looking at the system, but has zero effect on how to program it.

a29zuk

Exactly. Not sure specifically what changed, but I suspect that, if you have Saginaw programmed, if you look at the settings for those talkgroups, you likely will not find anything that needs to be modified to continue listening to those agencies.

The database admin probably made a change in something that is not directly visible when looking at the system, but has zero effect on how to program it.
Talkgroups 119 and 120 weren't programmed in my scanner. They may be new or I missed them in an earlier update. I usually try to keep everything updated. The rest of the updated(green) ones were already programmed in my scanner.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.