Updates Monitoring Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
With the arrival of my HomePatrol 1, I decided it was time to reorganize my listening stations.

Scanner station...PSR-310, PRO-107, BC346XT and PRO-106
100_0526.jpg

HomePatrol 1 hard at work on my computer desk
100_0528.jpg

Ham station...Kaito KA1102 Short Wave Receiver, FD150A (2mtr HT), UV-3R, KG-UVD1P, a Yaesu FT-2800M and a very old Realistic handheld CB radio
100_0529.jpg

:)

Last edited:

MotownJG

Premium Subscriber
Very nice. !

My ham walkie talkies are jumbled in a mess on the shelf underneath my Icom 706MkIIG.

I usually carry the pro-164 around....but i like how you've hung them on that metal piece...

SCPD

QRT
What antenna is that on the 346xt is it a comet or nagoya brand? Any difference from the stock?

Thanks
Mike

NWI_Scanner_Guy

What antenna is that on the 346xt is it a comet or nagoya brand? Any difference from the stock?

Thanks
Mike

I think it's the nagoya brand, but I'm not 100% sure. It was given to me by a friend who in turn got it from a friend.

Whatever the brand, it definitely picks up better than the stock antenna. It can pick up signals that the stock antenna can't even detect.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Adam:

Very nicely done! I see that you have several brands of radios.

I'm leaning towards my next one being the HP-1 and when I see one like yours sitting there in operation, that pushes me towards it ever closer. Tell me...are you glad you went for it? Any regrets.

Russell

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Adam:

Very nicely done! I see that you have several brands of radios.

I'm leaning towards my next one being the HP-1 and when I see one like yours sitting there in operation, that pushes me towards it ever closer. Tell me...are you glad you went for it? Any regrets.

Russell

Any regrets? Well, so far, not a one. I've only had mine for a little over 24 hours now, but I can truly say that the HP-1 is by far the most amazing scanner I have ever owned. Operating it is a breeze, and I love the fact that the "alpha tags" on the channel are not limited to just 16 characters. I love the replay and record features. Heck, even like the Sentinel software. If you pull the trigger on one, you will not be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.