Updates or changes to Albany County 800 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
In the process of updatingandoverhaulingvarious radios this summer I decided to focus on this system. While updates were listed to Rennselaer County system recently, its been a while on this one.
One I’d like to add is for TG 18951 Watervliet Arsenal Law. The “DE” description mode should be added as it it always encrypted. Anybody have any others? There was a time when I was actively seeking new TG’s but I’ve gotten a bit lazy.

Also, a question. In the download and reports section under what is changed. You can see the update, but it might be helpful to be able to see what it was changed from. Is there a “change history” screen in the database that the administrators see? The reason I ask (and I know that folks do a lot of work on keeping things up to date and accurate) is that as we all know this “radio thing” is a bit of a moving target and sometimes things can go”back and forth!

Thank you!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go to the database page for the system. Click on the grey Submit tab.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed the arsenal Law as encrypted and have not heard any activity on the other Watervliet talk groups.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No worries, I was just busting chops. It happens from time to time.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anyone has found some new activity on this system lately, but I had another update to note which I will submit. For some time now the Colonie PD "Main" channel has been encrypted full time. It occurred around the time of the riots and unrest a few months back. The database still shows the mode as "D". But before I submit this can someone else verify please?

Also, I'll have to "scan" more on the system, but I have been noticing a few talk groups coming up in the "8900" series and I don't see any listings for these. Please note, they have all been encrypted. Today is was 8001. The other day it was 89??.

Thanks.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
For some time now the Colonie PD "Main" channel has been encrypted full time. It occurred around the time of the riots and unrest a few months back. The database still shows the mode as "D". But before I submit this can someone else verify please?
I believe Col. PD has been using TG 15003, Colonie PD Trfc.,full-time encrypted, as their main dispatch since the protests. I've got this TG in my 996xt and it's displayed several times without audio this morning while scanning.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I believe Col. PD has been using TG 15003, Colonie PD Trfc.,full-time encrypted, as their main dispatch since the protests. I've got this TG in my 996xt and it's displayed several times without audio this morning while scanning.
Yes, I agree with that assessment. It’s showing a lot of activity. That has been an encrypted TG all along, so they probably just started using that instead of reprogramming all their radios to turn on encryption on their old dispatch channel.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your reply. I thought this was the case. I will submit this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.