Updates to Fort Knox Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

silberj

I work for Range Operations, and am an SDR hobbyist that has successfully gotten the Fort Knox Site 1 trunking working successfully where I can monitor it. As part of my job, I know the actual names of many of these TGs that have antiquated or inaccurate labels or simply don't exist on the page. Who can I submit my list of actual TG names? I know the effort to keep things accurate is desired (Warrior Ops hasn't been a thing for years), and I think I can help with that. Thanks in advance.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Please keep this in mind...

silberj

Please keep this in mind...

Thanks for the reminder. Nothing classified that I'm aware of, I posted where I work, as I'm exposed to a lot of the range traffic. Some MP traffic encrypted, mostly range and fire talk. I made the TG/Radio connections based on listening and my experience, but none if it is prohibited as far as I know. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but am still a little new to this.

Thanks again for the reminder

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for making updates! I listen to Fort Knox radio from time to time and find things interesting. Particularly helpful is when they broadcast weather information, such as lightning is approaching the area. Gives me a heads up!

It's also very good for when fires are burning on the ranges as the fire department I'm associated with will get calls about smoke in the area. Lastly when they are doing the big booms, we might get calls about possible explosions.

So folks being able to monitor the system can serve a good public purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.