updating 296d firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIFM790

Hi,

I am attempting to update the firmware on my 296d.....I downloaded the file from uniden and have it ready to go...but I keep getting a communications error. I hold down the l/o and 6 keys and then power up, but I does not put the scanner in a download mode.

What am I doing wrong....?

Thanks in advance

MacombMonitor

BFIFM790 said:
Hi,

I am attempting to update the firmware on my 296d.....I downloaded the file from uniden and have it ready to go...but I keep getting a communications error. I hold down the l/o and 6 keys and then power up, but I does not put the scanner in a download mode.

What am I doing wrong....?

Thanks in advance

You're turning the scanner OFF, then holding down L/O, and 6, and while continuing to hold them down, turning the scanner back ON, correct?

Alpha432

296d

I ran into the same problem, included in the zip files that you downloaded there is a "DAT" file, For some reason, inorder for things to work you have to open up that dat file and keep it open while you connect and or save that DAT file directly onto your desktop. Why you have to do this, I don't know but it worked. If you have any questions call uniden and speak with a guy named Jason. He helped me a ton with my scanner and the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.