Updating 436 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachrandy

Premium Subscriber
Been a long time since I've updated my 436 using sentinel.I've updated database and firmare with no problem.Now to the hard part ,iI find my county Pitt highlight what I want and amend to playlist easy for stuff not on Viper but anything on viper like GPD,GFD,SHP I forgot do I have to delete every thing that shows up under the specific entry that I want....thats a lot of highlighting and deleting on the Viper list.If I want a statewide entry such as NCSHP all disticts com up and al I want is district A.....Ive done this before a few years ago but just trying to update what I have in my 436 and memory aint too good.Thanks for any help and hope all yall have a good and safe 4th.Thanks for RR for this platform,,,Goodnite from Greenville....BE Save!

reconrider8

Been a long time since I've updated my 436 using sentinel.I've updated database and firmare with no problem.Now to the hard part ,iI find my county Pitt highlight what I want and amend to playlist easy for stuff not on Viper but anything on viper like GPD,GFD,SHP I forgot do I have to delete every thing that shows up under the specific entry that I want....thats a lot of highlighting and deleting on the Viper list.If I want a statewide entry such as NCSHP all disticts com up and al I want is district A.....Ive done this before a few years ago but just trying to update what I have in my 436 and memory aint too good.Thanks for any help and hope all yall have a good and safe 4th.Thanks for RR for this platform,,,Goodnite from Greenville....BE Save!
I have my statewide stuff as 0.0.0 and then my local site as 0.0.1 extended local surrounding counties as 0.0.2 then the rest of viper sites grouped by county. I'll send a pic tomm if you wanna see it

coachrandy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but what do you mean by by having grouping the stuff...sure seems harder than when I got this 436 years ago...the picture might explain...I caught on at first quick but have brain lock now...again thanks...

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a hpe favorites list file for Pitt County on the VIPER system. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Using Sentinel, go to the File tab and Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it Pitt Co NC Click on OK. In the Downfolds folder, highlight and Open the extracted file (Pitt Co NC.hpe). It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. There is no favorites list quick key. You can assign whichever number you would like.

Attachments

• Pitt Co NC.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 14

coachrandy

Premium Subscriber
THANKS...My daughter followed directions you gave and the favorites that you had sent me shows up as favorites after I amend them as new but when I try to only scan those entries you sent my 436 says nothing to scan even tho Pitt Co NC is listed on my list to monitor on my scanner...thanks for your help I'm a dumbo and have to get my daughters help...I have amended some items to my scanner and get coverage of police fire rescue and hp but I don't know what Idon't know..your list we've downloaded and it seems to have more coverage of Pitt Co....we'll keep trying...trial and error best way to learn I guess,,,

tvengr

Well Known Member
In Sentinel, are Download and Monitor both turned On in the profile for the favorites list? On Lists to Scan on the scanner. does the list say On or Off? If Off, Monitor is not turned on in the Sentinel profile. If you assigned a quick key to the favorites list, on the scanner, press the quick key number and then E to toggle the favorites list on and off.. You shouldn't have to do anything to the favorites list itself to get it to scan. Is Custom 1 service type enabled in the profile?

Last edited:

coachrandy

Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU...I went back and reread your info from today....rechecked everything and found the custom 1 type not checked and holy moly shes rocking and rolling now....You guys that help us dumbos are life safers ....Thank you for your patience and expertise....might not be the last time....

tvengr

Well Known Member
You guys that help us dumbos are life safers
I don't do downloads from the database. I enter everything manually into Excel files which allows me to easily edit alpha tags and arrange departments. Then, i paste into whatever software I am using. It takes more time to do it that way, but I can set it up the way I like it. If you don't enter service types in Sentinel, it defaults to Custom 1. That is why you needed to enable Custom 1. Although I have been a member of Radio Reference for only a few years, I have been doing this all of my life. That makes me an experienced dumbo. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If you have not assigned a quick key to the favorites list, I suggest you do it. If you should turn off the system or all of the departments, it makes it a lot easier to get the favorites list working again if it has a quick key. Please let me know if you need help on how to assign a quick key to the favorites list.

Status
Not open for further replies.