WS1080: updating a ws 1080 scanner

motti1219

Hello to all,

was looking for some guidance on how to update a WS 1080 scanner(has an Sd card).
I bought it a year ago and GSP police was working, now frequencies have been updated(as per RD) but I don't know the easiest way to update it to my scanner.

Any help would be appreciated.

motti1219

Also when it comes down to software which one works best with the WS 1080?
I would want one that can connect to RD so it updates automatically and not have to do it manually.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Also when it comes down to software which one works best with the WS 1080?
I would want one that can connect to RD so it updates automatically and not have to do it manually.
WS1080 ONLY uses the WS1080 EZ Scan from Whistler download site. You update the library within EZ Scan and then you can run an update of the scanner. My suggestion is you read the configuration from the scanner and save it some if anything goes wrong you can reload and start over.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
The software that works with the WS 1080 can be found HERE.

Edited and left off incorrect information.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The software that works with the WS 1080 can be found HERE.

Since you are a premium member, downloads from RR DB should be no problem
You upgrade through EZ Scan program, not directly from RR and you do not need to be a premium subscriber. Updates are provided directly from Whistler weekly.

motti1219

thanks,

when I try to update my library from easy scan I get a message saying "THERE WAS AN ERROR GETTING THE FREQUENCY LIBRARY VERSION FROM THE INTERNET"

motti1219

I just found the library update on EZ scan, seems to be working like you guys mentioned. thanks,