updating firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkut

Premium Subscriber
I installed and ran the BC_VUP3Firmware Updater precisely as described on the BCD325P2 Firmware Updates TWiki page. When I run the updater it asks for a .scn file. It appears there was no .scn file included in the zip. Am I suppose to download the .scn separately? If so, from where? I could not find anything on the Uniden site or doing a google search.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BC_VUP3 should not prompt you for an scn file. Are you sure you aren't running an older version?

mikkut

Premium Subscriber
When I unzipped, the first .exe that came up was BC_VUP with the bear claw icon. I presumed that was the utility. I since found the BC_VUP_V3.exe file (with a generic icon) and it worked fine ... Thanks

Steve73

I'm not having any luck with this. Software installed, comport found, and as soon as the firmware downloading screen starts the scanner beeps and message says scanner not detected ? Have tried all my usb ports and uninstalled and reinstalled updater software couple times as well. Any ideas ?

One thing I have noticed is in the Device Manager is shows it as the 996 model ?

***UPDATE*** Finally got the firmware updated. No idea what was wrong the first several attempts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.