BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Updating MD FIRST TGs and Site freqs into established Favorites list

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3rsj

I'm using latest version of Sentinel and have updated master data bases.
I want to update certain MD FIRST TGs and Site Freqs as they occasionally change.
I already have an extensive Favorites list which I want to keep current.

Used to be able to copy and paste, not any more.
Should be a simple way to do that.
Tried to copy and paste to Word, doesn't work.

Right click and Append only works for Departments, not Sites.

Any shortcuts/help will be appreciated.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel ? What I do is rename the existng system in the favorite list and append the entire MD FIRST to the FL. And then have the old to compare for any changes/avoids I want to make to the new. Eventually delete the old from FL.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I think you can cut & paste from Excel, from the list view in FL editor. You use the + to create one blank line at bottom, then ctl-v to paste from your clipboard will add necessary additional lines. To me, it depends on how many changes I have to synch.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel ? What I do is rename the existng system in the favorite list and append the entire MD FIRST to the FL. And then have the old to compare for any changes/avoids I want to make to the new. Eventually delete the old from FL.
I've used this method as well, for relatively new trunked systems where a sizeable number of talkgroups have been added at one time.

However, I have my counties, and systems, of interest linked to the "MYRR" page (that's available for premium subscribers; the OP shows to be a subscriber). I can then monitor changes, and then evaluate whether or not I need to update any of my Favorites lists or programming files (for the non-database scanners). Often, it's only a few changes, and quite often, it is only a "housekeeping" change, in the background portion of the database which has zero effect on how the system is configured in the scanner. When it's only a minor update (a few talkgroups or conventional channels), I simply edit the related Favorites list or file. To me, that's quicker & easier than doing the gymnastics to gather & append a limited number of changes from the main Sentinel database.
I think you are correct, but it's like draining a lake to catch a fish. I am trying saving to Excel, but that seems harder yet
TY!
Being a Premium subscriber, you can set your MYRR page to cover what you want to monitor, giving you a heads up on any changes. Even if not a subscriber, simply take a peek at the main database page, then select your county, and see if your county is shaded to indicate an update has been made. (If green, there's been a change in the past 24 hours; if yellowish, the change was made within the last seven days.)

You can import into ProScan, either by the normal web import, or directly from the Sentinel database, into a Favorites file, and you have the option to export from ProScan into a *.CSV file. In ProScan, you can also copy information from a web page, then paste that into a programming file or Favorites list. Use the "Get Clipboard" option to select what fields to paste, and where.

Status
Not open for further replies.