updating my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys its been a few years since I programmed my scanner I just wanna update it and start from scratch I live in Otero County which is P25 Phase 1 and just a couple of conventional frequencies my question is should I only put my county towers in or should i put surrounding county towers like Pueblo, Crowley, Bent, Las Animas county towers as well? thanks in advance by the way I am using a whistler 1065 scanner

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Generally, you should only program one or two towers sites, unless you are mobile. Program whichever site is nearest to your location. If, you are near enough to adjacent counties and can receive those sites, then sure program them.
However, the more sites you scan at a time the more you potentially miss.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
is there a place I can see what tower is closest to me? I think my county has 2 or 3

ScannerSK

The nice thing about the WS1065 is it can be programmed to check all sites with each pass, just one different site with each pass from a list of sites or to lock onto a site that meets minimum reception/decode thresholds from a list of sites. It's very versatile in this regard. However, it is only phase I capable which may or may not cause an issue for your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.