PSR-800: updating scanner firware ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

govermentcheese

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to update from version 1.9 to 2.0 I can download it . But when i try to update the scanner it says waiting for scanner to go to update mode and it times out. I have scanner off just like any other update. I can update scanner library . It says unable to confirm the scanner has entered update mode . Then it says make sure usb is plugged in correctly. What am I doing wrong. If you know what I am doing wrong give me step by step instructions. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

mikey60

The PSR-800 has to manually be placed in firmware update mode. The program for that model doesn't attempt to put it in update mode, so you may be using the wrong software version.

To put the radio in update mode, turn the scanner off and disconnect the USB cable from the scanner. While pressing the MENU key, plug the USB cable into the radio. That should put the radio in update mode.

Mike

trp2525

Where is the firmware and software?

You can download the PC Application software for the PSR-800 (EZ ScanDG Utility Manager) from the GRE America website here: GRE America Inc.

After installing the PC Application software on your computer you can use it to upgrade the CPU Firmware, DSP Firmware and Library Database of your PSR-800.

adcockfred

Mikey, I kinda have the same problem. I sold my ori 800, but replaced it with a 436. My drivers came up with a couple of 800. Then wanted me to up grade. So I got to the same place that gov. did. and had the same problem. I went to another computer both running win 10. same thing. also the 1st computer boned me off my kenwood too. when it up graded to win 10 form 7. The first computer said kenwood software was an incompatible program. Any thoughts on this prpblem?

trp2525

...I went to another computer both running win 10. same thing. also the 1st computer boned me off my kenwood too. when it up graded to win 10 form 7. The first computer said kenwood software was an incompatible program. Any thoughts on this prpblem?

You might want to read through this "Whistler Scanners and Windows 10" thread here on RR as it may have some useful information for you: http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/317662-whistler-scanners-windows-10-a.html

adcockfred

Thanks 25, that worked on the 64 bit hp and theGre-800. Now working on that lap top and the kenwood. Both computers running 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.