SDS100/SDS200: Updating Sentinel for SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

aulii0419

Premium Subscriber
I have a new SDS100 and I've been unable to find a video that explains how to import RR files into Sentinel - the frequencies in Sentinel for my area are out of date. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a new SDS100 and I've been unable to find a video that explains how to import RR files into Sentinel - the frequencies in Sentinel for my area are out of date. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

You can't import RR frequencies directly into Sentinel from the RR website database pages.

If the frequencies in your Sentinel program are outdated compared to the ones in the RR database, that means that you haven't updated your Sentinel database. Those updates are available through the Sentinel software every week.

Here is a copy of the SDS100 owner's manual to download:

The instructions for updating your SDS100 firmware and the Sentinel database are detailed very clearly on pages 10 and 11... be sure to read and follow the instructions... including "Write to Scanner".

Last edited:

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative

In Sentinel, click UPDATE, then UPDATE MASTER DATABASE(HPDB)

When that is complete, write to the scanner. (SCANNER then WRITE TO SCANNER)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also noting this is a new person, with this being the first post, on the chance that terms are not mentioned exactly correct. . .

The steps above are for updating the Master database in Sentinel in the computer. They will then be loaded in the scanner during the next write to scanner process.

If you have Favorites Lists in you scanner, they are not updated. This is deliberate for reasons explained in other threads. Any updates that could be appropriate for Favorites Lists have to be done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.