Updating the HPDB from Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
My 436 is on the way and I've installed the Sentinel software on my older PC running Windows 7. No problems at all with software installation, but I'm having a problem when trying to download the HPDB updates. I get an error message that says "Updating full database failed. Operation is cancelled. Unable to connect to the remote server."

Any ideas?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
My 436 is on the way and I've installed the Sentinel software on my older PC running Windows 7. No problems at all with software installation, but I'm having a problem when trying to download the HPDB updates. I get an error message that says "Updating full database failed. Operation is cancelled. Unable to connect to the remote server."

Any ideas?

Sounds like a firewall type issue.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Ok, weird thing. When I go from the drop-down menu at the top, it won't update. Click the update icon and it works perfectly. Problem solved, I think....

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Ok, weird thing. When I go from the drop-down menu at the top, it won't update. Click the update icon and it works perfectly. Problem solved, I think....

This may be a corrupted download or install of Sentinel. AFAIK the drop down menu and the Icon should take you to the same part of Sentinel to be executed.

Did you get Sentinel directly from Uniden?

Did you have any other programs running when you installed Sentinel?

You might consider another download of Sentinel and use "Control Panel" to remove the old Sentinel before trying a fresh install.

You are correct this is weird!

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Downloaded from Uniden's site. No other programs running when I installed. Definitely strange and will be keeping an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.