Updating the library: from a different sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanobot

Updating the library: from a different sites?

hi, I have the new GRE PSR-800
im useing the software appz
im asuming that when you update the library it's coming from here radioreference.com
i have notice when going through the site to look up the city / town /etc. channels that there is some channels missing or not list or do you have to have a Premium Account here to get the rest / all the channels thats out there? cause i knew there was some channels in my area that wasn't listed and found the missing channels on a different site ( cityfreq.com ) etc.

so in the appz can you choose which sites you can get your library updates from?
or the appz only reconise this site when geting the updates.
i know you can import single channels which i did took me awhile.
thought maybe i over look it.
thanks for any help

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
The RR database only has in it what members of the forum have put in it. For my area there are no ham repeater frequencies. That means you have to find them elsewhere, put them in a scan list on the PC software, and copy them to the card. The database has a lot of good stuff in it, but not everything I need or want, so that means I did a little work on my own, searching the web and finding frequencies.

I don't mind, really, as it only has to be done the once. And all the police, fire, ambulance stuff is there so you can get it up and running right away, and add stuff that fits your own special interests later. A set of Ham two meter repeaters and a list of marine channels for some areas would be nice, of course. It would be nice if you could just add a service scan into a scan list as you can with the Uniden 346. Maybe you can and I haven't figured out how yet.

You can always become a member of RR and add what you find to the database so others won't have to do it in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.