Updating your scanner for ARMER rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindphasr

So having just moved from Northeast Wisconsin using my BC246T with the Green Bay trunked Mot II analog system I am not familiar with these new system types in the Minneapolis area.

If I get this right, ARMER is a P25 system which is digital and would need a digital scanner such as the BC396T. Is this correct?

In other words, my 246t is pretty much useless here...

scannerX

Premium Subscriber
So having just moved from Northeast Wisconsin using my BC246T with the Green Bay trunked Mot II analog system I am not familiar with these new system types in the Minneapolis area.

If I get this right, ARMER is a P25 system which is digital and would need a digital scanner such as the BC396T. Is this correct?

Yes except the state patrol rebroadcasts on VHF 154.935 which you can use your 246 to receive. Also Bloomington fire rebroadcasts it's fire calls on VHF 154.07. There may be others that I don't know about. I have both the R/S 2096 and BC396, they both work ok, but I'm not a fan of digital.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber

Fire mains are simulcast analog but other than that most other is digital. Scott county and Washington county are also both analog still, but should be changing within the next year.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have they completed all the re-banding they are going to do, and is the RR database section up to date as far as the new control channels are concerned?

I know it was supposed to have been done by now, but glitches happen.

I need to update my scanners for the trip up North in a couple of months, but I'd like to wait until they are all done.

Thanks!

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Have they completed all the re-banding they are going to do, and is the RR database section up to date as far as the new control channels are concerned?

I know it was supposed to have been done by now, but glitches happen.

I need to update my scanners for the trip up North in a couple of months, but I'd like to wait until they are all done.

Thanks!

I think a lot of sites around here have been re-banded, but i don't know for sure which have and which haven't. However if you're going up north there shouldn't be anything up there that would have been re-banded.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
LOL: well. . . when you are live in Kentucky pretty much anything in Minnesota is "up north", (though my location isn't noted and what's north to you is wayyyy north to me).

snikliw87

LOL: well. . . when you are live in Kentucky pretty much anything in Minnesota is "up north", (though my location isn't noted and what's north to you is wayyyy north to me).

Once you get out of the cities, you'll know when your up north. Especially if you hit the Iron Range. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.