Upgrade 436, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

My 436 still has original 1.02 firmware from when it was first released. I know there is a new version called 1.03, but some posts a couple months ago suggested the upgrade reduced the receiver's sensitivity. Was this an isolated anomaly or problematic among all 436's? I'm curious what your experience was so I can decide whether to upgrade now or wait for future firmware releases. Thanks for your input.
BG..

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
You can try out the new firmware, and switch back and forth to the old at any time. I just got mine, and tried it out. The 1.03 firmware got rid of some analog trunked squelch tail and a bit of motorboating my P25 800MHz system had at the beginning of each transmission. I could not tell a difference in sensitivity between the 2 versions on 800MHz, as both were less sensitive than my old 396XT.

Give it, there is a post on here that has a link to all the old firmware versions, you just drop them into the "firmware" folder" and reboot the scanner and they load.

Paul

Gilligan

Database Admin
Give it, there is a post on here that has a link to all the old firmware versions, you just drop them into the "firmware" folder" and reboot the scanner and they load.
Just tried searching for this. Do you happen to remember who posted it or how long ago? I would like to keep my own copies of the firmware versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.