UpGrade Butel BCD-396T

Is what Butel says true, just plug in the 396 and do a save after the radio reads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

11w5151

After doing the user upgrade with Butel for my BCD396T and clicking on the program I was shock to see that non of my own work and all the files/floders were deleted. When I click on OPEN it was just a blank page and non of my 6 years of hard work and one program had over 200 man hours of work in it, all gone.

Well I do not know where to start. After 20 + emails back and forth with a Butel person I finlly ask a very important question. "Can I just plug in my 396 and click on Read Radio?" then click on save and all of my files/floders in side the scanner would be save from the radio prgram? his answer was [YES], so now my question is this true?

Ron/wb6zei
Davis, CA

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Of course it's true, why would they lie to you? :roll:

Anything that you've uploaded to the scanner from the software now lives inside the scanner, obviously. That's the entire point of programming with software in the first place.

Did you even bother to try it before going into a panic? :confused:

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Going to post one reply:

ARC396 will not delete any files. I have told you this many times in my emails. I have given step by step instructions since you simply need to browse to the folder where your files are stored. You also confirmed that you found the files on your system (after our suggestion to do a file search) so do not post false information.

Because you upgraded from a very old release the default path the software uses changed and once you point the software to the correct path/folder you can open all your files. They were not deleted.
If all the data is also in your scanner then yes a read data will restore your files.

I dont thing I mentioned this but ARC396 will not delete any files.

Gommert
Butel Software

saratojo

Huh?
Butel ARC396 works perfectly.
If you connect your scanner and READ the scanner, the current configuration in the scanner will be added to the Butel browser. You can then save it again with whatever name you chose.
I have never had ARC396 do anything except what I tell it to do.

The BUTEL guy is right, by the way.
If you upgraded from an older version, the place where the files are stored may quite possibly have changed.
Read your scanner and then save the config you create in arc396.

Last edited:

ray smith

11w5151
Wow dude calm down. Just because you dont know what your doing no need to blame Gommert!!
His software does just what it is told. Never had a problem with any of his software or support.
Think before you load. Plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.