upgrade for my 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc7rhw

i have a uniden 536 hp and was thinking a bout the next,
upgrade should i get dmr or nxden upgrade i have the provoicce
and it works great. What is the most use in the salt lake valley.

Premium Subscriber

kc7rhw

i am not sure but maybe i ask the wrong question.
what are most of the people in this group listening to DMR OR NXDN
what do all of you find the most interesting NXDN OR DMR i can only pay for one .
of these upgrades not both

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
That entirely depends on if either of these formats is used near you for a service that you want to listen to. It is quite possible that nothing near you uses either of these formats (at least in the clear) in which case buying either upgrade would be a waste of money for you. Only you can determine if there either would be useful.

Premium Subscriber
i am not sure but maybe i ask the wrong question.
what are most of the people in this group listening to DMR OR NXDN
what do all of you find the most interesting NXDN OR DMR i can only pay for one .
of these upgrades not both

Thats all personal preference. My suggestion, is do what I said above... go to the two links for Digital Frequency Search:
DMR
NXDN

Then enter the County/State you're looking for.
Then sort by Entity.

If anything listed interests you... then there ya go.

Premium Subscriber
I have the DMR upgrade. I live in Murray, and there isn't a ton of activity in the Salt Lake Valley.... at least that I've noticed. But, I only got it for one entity.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
@kc7rhw I can tell you right now the only thing is Utah is using DMR and NXDN for is business only no public safety is on those unless that is something your already aware of, as far as which one is more interesting to listen to I dont listen to any of them and both providers of the systems seem to have equal businesses on them. Personally if you listen to public safety UCA is transitioning to a Phase ll backwards compatible Phase l system soon and everything Police, Fire/Ems is on UCA and I seriously would consider an upgrade that is gonna have a good reception with the simulcast and picks up Phase l & ll when they change. But at the end of the day really its a preference of what you want to listen too and will require you to look at the LTR, DMR and NXDN system TG's and see what they have listed that you would want to listen too.

kc7rhw

OK then i have a uniden BCD536hp that has been full upgrade to receive the p25 phase 1 and 2
and TDMA as well so the question remains are they still going to use the same talk groups.
or change everything around to fit the Harris system

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
OK then i have a uniden BCD536hp that has been full upgrade to receive the p25 phase 1 and 2
and TDMA as well
The 536 comes from the factory able to receive all of that, no upgrades required. Upgrades are only needed for NXDN, DMR, and ProVoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.