Upgraded Sentinel.. will not read SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
this morning Sentinel said to upgrade... to Version 1.07.05, for my BCD436 and 536.
i upgraded.
Now, sentinel will not read my SD cards on either of my scanners, not even when plugged the SD cards are plugged into a card reader directly into the USB port of my windows 10 machine

any ideas??

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
this morning Sentinel said to upgrade... to Version 1.07.05, for my BCD436 and 536.
i upgraded.
Now, sentinel will not read my SD cards on either of my scanners, not even when plugged the SD cards are plugged into a card reader directly into the USB port of my windows 10 machine

any ideas??
i also tried clear user data, read all drives... nothing.. it will not read the sd card.. however, it does "see" the scanner on the drive, just not the card. everything was fine until I upgraded the sentinel.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I cannot explain it. It has something to do with your PC's configuration. We had made C visible to accommodate someone. Then, we've had 2 people erase their C drives. All our test machines work OK, and all but 2 of our customer's machines (that we know of) work OK. And I've never seen this issue happen at all with Sentinel for the HP-1/2, which uses the same code and has been running since 2009.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In "Clear User Data" with "Show All Drives" checked? (Won't show in other modes since it doesn't identify as a HomePatrol).

gonefishn1

I had a problem loading Favorite lists onto a brand new SD card today. With the new Sentinel Version downloaded and installed. I formatted the card with no problem. When I chose "write to scanner" it did not write the favorite lists I have in my profile. Sentinel had turned off DOWNLOAD and MONITOR in my profile for every favorite list without me knowing this. After finding this, I turned on DOWNLOAD and MONITOR in my profile and then my favorite lists were written to the SD card. I hope this may save someone else some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.